Author Topic: BenQ W1070 projector: Help with screen position and angle  (Read 11608 times)

Offline TRAPTRAPTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
BenQ W1070 projector: Help with screen position and angle
« on: August 10, 2015, 08:39:41 pm »
I'm trying to set up my BenQ W1070 projector from the corner of the room, because I can't position it on the opposite wall from where I want the screen. But, because of the way it's positioned, the image looks crooked, and isn't a perfect square/rectangle. Is there some setting or something that I can use to adjust the screen that will fix this?

Also, I'm trying to adjust the position of the screen (not the projector itself) but the option called "position" in the "display" tab of the menu is grayed out, and I can't select it. What can I do about this?

Offline dacman

• Frequent Contributor
Re: BenQ W1070 projector: Help with screen position and angle
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 11:11:13 pm »
According to the W1070 specifications, it has neither horizontal keystone nor lens shift (only vertical for both).  The projector needs to be placed on the vertical center-line.  (Note that some manufacturers use Left/Right or L/R vice Horizontal.)

As far as position goes, it is not something that can be done from the remote.  There is a manually operated lever on the unit that can lens shift it from 110% to 130% in the vertical only (which means that the lens will point 10% to 30% below the bottom of the image, or above it if mounted upside down).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 11:28:28 pm by dacman »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf