Author Topic: BM869s lower screw holes: wrong screws or too tight?  (Read 1176 times)

Offline ChrisGTopic starter

• Supporter
BM869s lower screw holes: wrong screws or too tight?
« on: January 19, 2017, 01:08:31 pm »
Hi, being a happy owner of the BM869s since 9 months or so. However when wanting to check the inside, as so many of us do, I noticed afterwards that the screw holes are not designed well or somebody made a mistake. Now I'm not sure if those DMM's are delivered by the factory with Batteries installed, I for sure did not put them in. So it might be that I tightened them to fast and messed up the small plastic ring around the screw but I'm not sure if it was me. Anyways I believe it's not a good design of either screw hole or screw it self.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: BM869s lower screw holes: wrong screws or too tight?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 07:12:06 pm »
This happened to my first BM869. I believe it is from not aligning the battery cover carefully enough before tightening down the cover screws. Since I have been careful with my other meters this has not reoccurred.

Offline ChrisGTopic starter

• Supporter
Re: BM869s lower screw holes: wrong screws or too tight?
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 09:03:28 am »
Hi Lightages,

That perhaps might have been and then things became worse since you want to feel-tighten the screws. Anyways I still feel it's a bad design because screwing those too tight will equally break those flimsy plastic side walls. Hope that Brymen is taking notice of it and will adjust their mouldings.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf