Electronics > Beginners

Buying wire

<< < (8/9) > >>

james_s:
It won't hurt anything to solder them, although it's easy to crimp multiple wires in the same terminal too.

Zero999:
I recommend crimping, rather than soldering, especially as you want to connect many wires to one terminal. It can be difficult to solder to large spade connectors, especially more than one wire and there's a risk of the heat damaging the component, although I think the latter is unlikely in this case. It's much easier and safer to simply put the wires into the same crimp connector.

mariush:
If you want AWG24 wire, you could buy solid core ethernet cable, and you have 8 insulated wires inside, in 4 pairs. There's also stranded wire cable if you want more flexibility.

Make sure the cable is not CCA, that's aluminum wire plated with copper and has higher resistance.

msknight:
I can't use spades because I'm jamming in decent arcade buttons with micro switches, into a case designed for shallow, lower quality buttons. The micro switches are nearly hitting the bottom of the case already. I don't have the headroom... unless I bend the LED spades sideways a bit..... hmmm...

Jwillis:

--- Quote from: msknight on June 16, 2021, 08:43:33 pm ---I can't use spades because I'm jamming in decent arcade buttons with micro switches, into a case designed for shallow, lower quality buttons. The micro switches are nearly hitting the bottom of the case already. I don't have the headroom... unless I bend the LED spades sideways a bit..... hmmm...

--- End quote ---

Not sure of what kind of supply you have available to you but you could use 90 degree spade connectors (Flag terminals). Then you can avoid any bending.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version