Author Topic: Can I carry-on lab equipments on plane?  (Read 10098 times)

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: Can I carry-on lab equipments on plane?
« Reply #75 on: November 26, 2021, 07:40:42 am »
I don’t think we should be avoiding traveling with 100% legitimate, legal-for-air-travel items just to appease ignorant screeners. If anything we should do it more, to desensitize them to these items.

It’s not as though we have to “assume” anything: they have lists of prohibited and permitted items.

The following users thanked this post: wraper, Gordo

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #76 on: November 26, 2021, 02:15:38 pm »
I don’t think we should be avoiding traveling with 100% legitimate, legal-for-air-travel items just to appease ignorant screeners. If anything we should do it more, to desensitize them to these items.

I do not either, but the screeners have authority without responsibility so have no reason not to be ignorant or malicious.

It’s not as though we have to “assume” anything: they have lists of prohibited and permitted items.

The lists are more of a suggestion than a rule.  There is no recourse if they ignore the lists.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #77 on: November 26, 2021, 06:58:34 pm »

I do not either, but the screeners have authority without responsibility so have no reason not to be ignorant or malicious.
And that is why I keep seeing more and more the current thesis of abolishing the TSA in the US - twenty years of corruption, incompetence and money spent with more gaps than a sieve.

https://reason.com/2021/11/19/tsa-20th-birthday-abolish-airport-security-terror/
https://youtu.be/G8kMnS8GEhg
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline SilverSolder

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2021, 03:05:04 pm »
I don’t think we should be avoiding traveling with 100% legitimate, legal-for-air-travel items just to appease ignorant screeners.   [...]

I agree with that, but it also makes sense to take real world biases and misunderstandings into account...   you will be happier that way!  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf