Author Topic: Can I find product information on the back/behind of an SMD part?  (Read 839 times)

Offline zdelarosa00Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Manipulate your machine, you're a Technomancer...
Normally they have the code on the top, obviously, but I've seen to find really no information on this fluke laser distance meter, every and each part has an unknwon code on every manual and site, so this house-numbered custom parts are black boxes, but there is a particular one that reads GHH and I'm interested in it since it is in the laser output stage.
No need for explaining what am I doing, but I really would like to know how can I know more about this part.

I don't know the brand logo on it as I didn't find it in the manufacturer logo tables. So my next bet is removing it and see if it has something on the back, I know it looks like a transistor, but the combinations of GH- Ghh and so on and so fort don't correspond to the pinout this one has with his ground connection. \$\Omega\$ \$\Omega\$
Space landfill waste consultants say: "If you think you can or if you think you can't you're right" - Always on my way to be a better electronic wizard

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
Re: Can I find product information on the back/behind of an SMD part?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 10:00:19 am »
It's an LDO manufactured by BCD Semiconductor. Datasheet.

You will not normally find any identifiers on the reverse side of an SMD IC.

The following users thanked this post: zdelarosa00

Offline zdelarosa00Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • Manipulate your machine, you're a Technomancer...
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 10:04:12 am »
Jesus how did you find that?. I mean, I really did search on a lot of places. :-/O
Btw I really thought looking for an SMD code on the back was a far cry.
Space landfill waste consultants say: "If you think you can or if you think you can't you're right" - Always on my way to be a better electronic wizard

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2019, 10:19:33 am »
Jesus how did you find that?. I mean, I really did search on a lot of places. :-/O

Google "SMD code GHH" and follow the first link which lists a bunch of devices, but only one is a SOT-23-5.  The pinout matches up to your circuit, as does the logo on the device so pretty sure that's the part you have.

The following users thanked this post: zdelarosa00

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf