Author Topic: Can I pay someone $500 to measure frequencies  (Read 9814 times)

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
Re: Can I pay someone $500 to measure frequencies
« Reply #75 on: July 22, 2022, 10:58:39 am »
The OP is only 2 messages in this forum and both on the same subject in two different threads. Not even bothered to reply here. If that is not a troll alert, what is?

Well, if he is genuine, I could understand if he is put off by this not-so-empathetic discussion, and does not feel like following up.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #76 on: July 22, 2022, 11:09:34 am »
In the unlikely case this was posted by someone who genuinely believes they have a transmitter chip inside of them, I hope they find the help they need, whether it's a good psychologist, or a good surgeon who also knows how to run a spectrum analyzer.

Friend of mine's kid accidently swallowed a $2 coin and they could track it with a metal detector. But it never came out...

The following users thanked this post: mindcrime

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #77 on: July 22, 2022, 11:22:26 am »
The OP is only 2 messages in this forum and both on the same subject in two different threads. Not even bothered to reply here. If that is not a troll alert, what is?

On the other hand, this is a quite funny topic nonetheless  ;D

Probably a troll, in which case he's had his money's worth.

Could be a sensitive soul genuinely seeking help, and has been mocked mercilessly.

In either case you can see why he wouldn't be back.

It is funny.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2022, 12:25:36 pm »
In the unlikely case this was posted by someone who genuinely believes they have a transmitter chip inside of them, I hope they find the help they need, whether it's a good psychologist, or a good surgeon who also knows how to run a spectrum analyzer.

Friend of mine's kid accidently swallowed a $2 coin and they could track it with a metal detector. But it never came out...

Well then his kid still has money in the bank :-DD (Sorry could not resist)

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2022, 12:28:31 pm »

Well, if he is genuine, I could understand if he is put off by this not-so-empathetic discussion, and does not feel like following up.

Lets hope that if he is genuine, he is now visiting a proper doctor to help with his problem.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2022, 12:30:29 pm »
Probably a troll, in which case he's had his money's worth.

And so did we :)

Online tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2022, 12:31:04 pm »

In the week before I was due to have an MRI, I swallowed a gold crown (tooth, not coin!). I was not amused about the possibility that stron magnetic fields might cause it to heat up or make a new exit hole.

While panning for gold, I found it.

I don't care if that is "too much information" :)
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline Zenith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2022, 12:42:11 pm »

When my dad was kid in the 1920s there was a girl in the street who swallowed a shilling. That was a lot of money at the time, so to the amusement of everyone, they went through the unpleasant business of recovering it.

For the rest of her life she was known as Sally Shitshilling.

Offline Infraviolet

• Super Contributor
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2022, 12:42:42 am »
I might just throw one little note in to this conversation, many people who feel they are sensitive to radio emissions are totally fine if you black out the LEDs which blink in the wi-fi router they are so scared of. So long as they can't see there is an operating radio device near them all their "symptoms" suddenly disappear, conclude from that what you will.

On a serious note: If you really need to measure a frequency, many voltmeters have a frequency counter mode built in, such meters are perhaps £30. This is for fairly low frequencies usually. And a Pi Pico £4 microcontroller can be programmed with an online project, searchable somewhere, to be a really cheap oscilloscope to look for higher frequencies and show FFT data. There is also a thing called an RTL-SDR for radio frequencies, about £20 for a "brand named" one where the manufacturer has verified it will work with GNUradio.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf