Author Topic: can i replace CEP3205 with IRF3205  (Read 5370 times)

Offline tonny_cassidy25@yahoo.comTopic starter

can i replace CEP3205 with IRF3205
« on: June 10, 2015, 06:02:07 pm »
when i experimenting with my inverter and accidentally blow all the mosfet in there ,its the N-CHANNEL CEP3205 from CET semiconfuctors,but i can't find the exact same mosfet at local store,and i don't want to buy it online because it tooks so long for the product to arrive,and i found another 3205 mosfet from international rectifier its a IRF3205 ,since theyre from the different company the datasheet looks very different,from the datasheet i find that the VDSS are the same on both which is 55V ,while the RDS(ON) and the ID is a little bit different irf3205 have 8.0 mOhm RDS(ON) AND 110A ID while CEP3205 have 8.5 mOhm RDS(ON) and 108.5A ID ,and a lot of difference on the VGS ,so can i just use the irf or i need the exact same as the original ? 

Offline PSR B1257

• Frequent Contributor
Re: can i replace CEP3205 with IRF3205
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2015, 06:14:39 pm »
They are basicly the same, therefore no problem to choose the IRF3205.

As far as MOSFETs for switching application goes, you can choose more than only one type of MOSFET. If the designer was a tight-arse he had most liekley choose the MOSFET which barley meets it's requirements. To replace this one with a better MOSFET is no problem, far from it!
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf