Author Topic: Cheap and easy to mount buttons  (Read 2016 times)

Offline scratTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Cheap and easy to mount buttons
« on: March 18, 2011, 04:49:59 pm »
Hi all,
I need to add some buttons to a board, but since it has to be put into a plastic box, I don't know which is the better way. I don't want to use rubber caps or similar, since mounting them doesn't seem to be easy (but if someone says it is, why not?).

The only idea I have had is to use tactile pushbuttons that have a long head, which will go through a hole in the box, but I don't know if so mounted buttons will be easy to press and enough robust.
Any alternatives?
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard

Offline deephaven

• Frequent Contributor
  • Civilization is just one big bootstrap
    • Deephaven Ltd
Re: Cheap and easy to mount buttons
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:07:09 pm »
I've used MULTIMEC - 3ETL9-15.0 - SWITCH, SPNO, 15MM available from Farnell. They are easy to use because they come with a range of actuator lengths so you just pick the one that matches your mechanical design. The actuators also have a bit of lateral play which takes care of any tolerances in the position of your holes!

Offline scratTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Cheap and easy to mount buttons
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 06:04:50 pm »
Great!
Besides I couldn't easily find switches like these on Farnell, where I was searching, (but I would have tried harder), I wanted to have an advice from someone more experienced.

Thanks!
One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man. - Elbert Hubbard

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf