Author Topic: Client USB Problem on MicroMod Carrier board - Teensy MicroMod  (Read 533 times)

Offline UHFTopic starter

• Contributor
Client USB Problem on MicroMod Carrier board - Teensy MicroMod
« on: October 27, 2021, 11:37:46 am »
Hello, I've got a PCB design that uses an M.2 connector for a Teensy MicroMod module. Anyone with some experience of the Teensy platform may be able to understand what I'm talking about, but I would like an opinion of the PCB layout for the client USB micro B connection.

The USB is flaky. Windows recognises that I've plugged a USB device in and says it doesn't recognise what exactly it is. There seems to be some communication between the PCB and Windows because I get log information from Teensyduino when the USB is plugged in and unplugged. If I tell the TeensyMM to enter Boot mode from the PCB, it does so and Teensyduino sees this and attempts to flash the current Hex file to it. Power and ground connections are fine. If I remove and bypass the USBLC6 static protection chip (correctly orientated on the board), still the same. I cannot see shorts and have probed around on the M.2 and USB traces. Using another USB connector and soldering short wires directly to pins 4 & 6 of USBLC6 plus GND and VBUS, is still the same. I have five boards from JLCPCB, all the same. The TeensyMM module is fine and I can program it on a Sparkfun ATP board.

I can only think that my PCB layout is causing poor USB performance, although it looks simple and fine to me. Stack-up is Signal on top, GND, 3V3, Signal  -  with ground pours on signal layers.

Any help or advice gratefully received, thanks. Ask if you want more!

Schematic: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Avbtf5PcDsB0jLEhf0ly98C3bd1F3w
« Last Edit: October 27, 2021, 11:40:44 am by UHF »

Offline Jwillis

• Super Contributor
Re: Client USB Problem on MicroMod Carrier board - Teensy MicroMod
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2021, 01:24:02 pm »
I'm not an expert here by any means but I'll give this a try .Did you add the software for the Teensyduino ? The version might have an impact as welll .Teensyduino 1.55 supports Arduino versions 1.8.5 and 1.8.9 and 1.8.12 and 1.8.13 and 1.8.15 and 1.8.16. Future versions of Teensyduino will drop support for Arduino 1.8.15
I haven't worked with either Arduino or Teensy but in many other  cases software tends to be an issue . 

Offline bjbb

• Contributor

Offline UHFTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Client USB Problem on MicroMod Carrier board - Teensy MicroMod
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 02:06:24 am »
Thank you for the replies. It is purely a hardware problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf