Author Topic: connection of a thermal sensor TC1047AVNBTR to the microcontroller MSP430F4618  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Alex9

• Contributor
Where I can get the diagram of connection of a thermal sensor TC1047AVNBTR to the ADC of microcontroller MSP430F4618 ? Also interestingly, on what formulas it calculate ? Thank you.

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
Sounds like homework?   :-//

Offline c4757p

• Super Contributor
  • adieu
It has three pins. What kind of diagram do you expect? |O

RTFDS.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 10:26:59 pm by c4757p »
No longer active here - try the IRC channel if you just can't be without me :)

Offline MacAttak

• Supporter
He asked for a diagram of how to connect it to a MSP430, not a PIC :-DD

Offline Alex9

• Contributor
I have MSP430F4618 only. I read its datasheets. Complexity of a question in development of the scheme of connection of the sensor to microcontroller ADC.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
it has voltage output i guess then the adc in the micro just reads its value

Offline Alex9

• Contributor
How to connect this sensor through the bridge of Witson with compensating? In the bridge of 2 jumpers it is required, and at the sensor 3 pins.

Offline M. András

• Super Contributor
hard homework right? :)

Offline AndrejaKo

• Frequent Contributor
How to connect this sensor through the bridge of Witson with compensating? In the bridge of 2 jumpers it is required, and at the sensor 3 pins.

If you want help, please explain what it is exactly that you want to do. If you think you have a partial solution, please provide schematic, so that we may know what it is that you're thinking. Did you read the datasheet of the sensor? If yes, why yes, if no, why no?

What type of voltage output does the sensor provide? You mentioned formula for calculations. It should be obvious from the datasheet.

What is this "bridge of Witson"? Could it be Wheatstone bridge? If yes, then keep in mind that it's used to measure resistance. Would it be useful for measuring output that the sensor is providing? If yes, why yes, if no, why no?

If we just give you the solution, we'll accomplish nothing. You need to explain to us how you are thinking so that we may explain to you what you're doing wrong.

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
  • Test instrument designer/maker G1YWC.
    • Electron Plus
https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References.

Offline Alex9

• Contributor
I clarified that such sensor can't be connected by means of the bridge, because it the active. Also on my microcontroller there is a supply pinch (tension to 5 volt is programmed, and it is necessary for the sensor 3). Whether it is necessary to set the power conditioner and the filter in case of such connection? I saw the diagram in the sensor document - one pin on the grounding, one on a supply and one to the microcontroller. What it is possible to add in this diagram and whether there is a need something to add?

Offline AndrejaKo

• Frequent Contributor
It's nice to see you making progress.

The need for filtering elements depends (from my experience at least) on the general noisiness of power supply and on the amount of noise you can tolerate on the output.

I'm still not sure if you have a printed circuit board with sensor already mounted or if you're designing one for yourself  or if you're trying to make this work on a prototype board....

In case you're designing a circuit board yourself, here's what I'd do: I'd make the connection from the sensor to the power supply via a 0 ohm resistor near the sensor and I'd provide a footprint for a capacitor from power supply pin to ground. This makes a convenient location to place an RC low pass filter.

Then I'd try to run the board with no filtering at all and see how it works. If it doesn't work good enough, that is to say that there is a lot of noise on the output, I'd add remove the zero ohm resistor, replace it with a resistor with greater resistance and add a capacitor. Exact values depend on the frequencies you see on the noise.

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
Yes, some clarification of what boards (development or your own) you're using would help immensely.  At present nobody (but you) has any idea what the hardware is.

Offline Alex9

• Contributor
My microcontroller is set on the experimental board http://www.ti.com/tool/msp-exp430fg4618. I would like to have the general supply of the sensor with the microcontroller, but for supply option from batteries didn't find information in board documentation about stabilizator and filter existence between batteries and the microcontroller that it was possible to be connected to a pure signal. Prompt according to the diagram on page 18 of the user guide of a board - whether there is there a stabilizator and the filter? Or it is possible to connect the sensor to a pinch of the 100th microcontroller, without using the stabilizator and the filter? Whether the additional reference supply source is required for microcontroller ADC12 ? Thank you.

Offline David_AVD

• Super Contributor
I have zero experience with the TI stuff, but...

It seems like you can connect the Vcc (V+) pin of the TC1047 to the Vcc rail (5V or 3.3V) on the MSP dev board.  Also connect the two 0V lines together.

I'm guessing that the TC1047 puts out a voltage between 0V and Vcc.  Does the MSP board accept an analogue voltage in that range?  If so, connect it up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf