Author Topic: Connector name  (Read 397 times)

Offline canadminTopic starter

Connector name
« on: April 26, 2024, 04:25:38 am »
What is the name for this connector? Is there something other than 6 wire?

Offline zanfar

• Contributor
Re: Connector name
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2024, 05:54:56 am »
I'm not sure your photo is clear enough to give a concrete answer; but yes, there is something other than "six wire".

Key parts to identifying a connector would be the end-on shape of both the housing, and the individual pin shrouds (take a clear photo straight on of the very end) and the pitch which is the distance between pins. Again, it's not completely clear, but that looks about the scale of a Molex Mini-fit, or 4.2mm pitch, but I'm sure it's not a mini-fit.

The following users thanked this post: canadmin

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2024, 02:24:09 pm »
What zanfar said: we cannot possibly begin to identify it based on the uselessly blurry photos (and lack of other info) provided. There are literally thousands of connector series out there, and many of them look extremely similar, especially without any scale. (Some essentially are scaled up/down versions of others, so without scale, they are the same!) You need to provide sharp, well lit photos from every side, and either a carefully placed ruler in the photos, or provide accurate measurements. Also, give us context of what the connector is used in: someone might already know what it is.

Just to be clear, though, pin pitch is NOT the distance between pins, it’s the distance between pin centers.

Offline canadminTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2024, 05:06:02 pm »
Problem solved. I found a source for the proper controller so the connector identification is now a non-issue. In future, I will post better pictures. Thanks for your help.

Offline jpyeron

• Regular Contributor
    • PD Inc
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2024, 11:48:28 pm »
and what was it?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf