Author Topic: Continuing Education Credits?  (Read 530 times)

Offline CaptDonTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Continuing Education Credits?
« on: February 11, 2021, 05:39:55 pm »
Since it seems that many students rather than try to create and improve a circuit assigned to them by their professor instead comes here for free handout help I suggest that for every 25 times we are thanked by an obvious student looking for easy answers we should earn 1 C.E.U. accredited and recognized by major colleges and useable for matriculation value. Some folks here could earn a Masters Degree in 6 months.

Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

The following users thanked this post: Adrian_Arg.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
Re: Continuing Education Credits?
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 06:36:28 pm »
It's a two-way street.  In proposing a solution, we may have to dredge up stuff we haven't thought about in decades.  That may lead to further research that is of personal benefit.

Better yet, we get to see other people's answers.  There are some seriously sharp people on this forum.

It's been a long time since I actually studied this stuff.  A little review can be helpful.

Offline S. Petrukhin

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2021, 04:48:08 pm »
Doing a good deed is good and pleasant.  :)
And sorry for my English.

Offline wizard69

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2021, 12:04:40 am »
Capt. I think you are being a little unfair here.   Yeah there are some lazy students and frankly they have been around ever since the idea of formal education.   There isn't much you can do about such except fire them when their laziness is discovered in the real world.   On the flip side I can remember back when I was in tech school getting hung up on a concept that only took a bit of conversation to get me unstuck.   Almost everyone has ran into such a problem from time to time.   At work how many times have you gotten hung up on a problem only to go into work the next morning and solve it in 5 minutes?

Then there are people like me that just turned 60 and all that education is a distant memory.   Half the threads I read here are like a refresh operation on the brain cells.   Believe me I read far more than I comment on.   I would hope that the exchange of knowledge here continues unencumbered without excessive moderation.   In the end it doesn't matter if somebody is refreshing knowledge or a student struggling with a project, if you are stuck conversation can be the best way to move beyond.

The only thing that really bothers me is people doing things where they obviously have not gained the experience and knowledge to safely move forward.   In some cases you simply need to tell them that they need to step back before they end up dead.   This isn't an activity for everybody and as such we need to be careful discouraging people.   It isn't always easy to separate the people with potential from those that are a threat to themselves.   

Since it seems that many students rather than try to create and improve a circuit assigned to them by their professor instead comes here for free handout help I suggest that for every 25 times we are thanked by an obvious student looking for easy answers we should earn 1 C.E.U. accredited and recognized by major colleges and useable for matriculation value. Some folks here could earn a Masters Degree in 6 months.

The following users thanked this post: Jacon

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf