Author Topic: Converting a cordless drill charger (Hitachi UC18YKSL) from 110V to 220V  (Read 12939 times)

Offline pe0hm

Hello

I have the UC18YFSL version for 220 – 240 V which is broken. The schematic looks to be pretty much the same. Except from the controller which is marked “725254” and the mosfet which in my case is an ROHM R6004ENX 600V 0.98 Ohm mosfet. And maybe also the transformer is different, it is marked UC18YG-AUST/NZ-A.

In my case the controller is broken because the mosfet has a shorted gate. I could fix the charger but I can’t find any information about the controller. Does anyone over here know how to find the controller ?

I would be really happy if i could fix it !!

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
Hitachi power tools company is officially now named Hikoki.

Interesting, I wonder why they would do that? Hitachi is a very well recognized and respected brand. When I saw Hikoki I just assumed it was one of those Chinese knockoff brands like Solny or Panashiba.

Because they're not Hitachi. The Koki group was sold off in 2017 - no more rights to the name Hitachi.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor

Interesting, I wonder why they would do that? Hitachi is a very well recognized and respected brand. When I saw Hikoki I just assumed it was one of those Chinese knockoff brands like Solny or Panashiba.

Because they're not Hitachi. The Koki group was sold off in 2017 - no more rights to the name Hitachi.

fwiw I've seen the big green-ish 'HIxxxx' posters plastered outside a couple of big box class Sydney Tools stores I drove past, maybe two days ago?

I had to look a couple of times to confirm HITACHI, no Hikoki 

What's going on? sold back?  :-//

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor

fwiw I've seen the big green-ish 'HIxxxx' posters plastered outside a couple of big box class Sydney Tools stores I drove past, maybe two days ago?

No, things just take time.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor

No, things just take time.

I get that but they and competitors have been pumping isles full of HIKOKI gear with mega signage and posters now for months
and not one Hitachi ad or tool to be seen, except on clearance tables and bins

These HITACHI signs I mentioned were very recent, giving us a break from constant red red red Milkwalkie plasterings  ::)

Looks like I'll have to pop in and find out from the guys wth is going on with HIxxxx ?  :-//

EDIT: it was one particular store running with old signage, perhaps a collection point to clear the last of the Hitachi gear

It looks like Hikoki from now on

« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 12:27:35 am by Electro Detective »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf