Author Topic: CR6842S ACDC HELP  (Read 598 times)

Offline franksterb92Topic starter

• Contributor
CR6842S ACDC HELP
« on: April 21, 2024, 09:24:19 pm »
I Reverse Engineered the WX-DC2412 ACDC Module AND made  PCB containing the circuit of this module plus some regulators but i cannot get it to work ive tried different start up resistors and capacitor values kind of stuck and dont really know what to do now any help would be greatly apricated ive attached the schematic of the acdc section

Offline aliarifat794

• Regular Contributor
Re: CR6842S ACDC HELP
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2024, 12:29:48 pm »
Please check if you have mistakenly reverse polarised any components like the diodes, capacitors etc.

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2024, 10:58:07 pm »
Unfortunately I have done that does anyone know a way to make sure the chip is starting up it seems like it won't start

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2024, 11:26:40 pm »
Post voltage measurements, at least on the IC. The ones on your schematic are from a working PSU and not helpful.
Do be extra careful as the primary HV filter cap will be holding a charge if there is no load or bleeder resistor present. Shock hazard.

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2024, 01:41:38 am »
 Ok I will wen I get home and your right those voltages are from working one but from my troubleshooting  the voltage at the vdd pin of ic is almost the same as a working one and the Vin pin the same although on my pcb it seems to be picky of the capacitor value at c4 but not picky on the module itself  like the voltages will be stable with 0.1uf 100v cap but not 100uf 100v cap don't make any since

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2024, 07:32:35 pm »
from testing I've fond that R7 is open I'm waiting on replacement hopefully this is why my board isn't working cause this project is driving me crazy but I've learned so much along the way

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2024, 12:44:49 am »
If current-sense resistor R7 goes open, this is usually because it's a fusible/flameproof part that got overloaded from a mosfet shorting out. It damages the IC and new mosfet if you are not careful to check those parts too.
A dim light-bulb tester to power this is also a good idea to save on fuses and smoke. Even a 25W lamp is all you need to power it up with no load.

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2024, 04:49:17 pm »
it works now i got the replacement part and replaced last night and it works wow how i way over complicated this fault in my mind as i never put together a smps pcb before lol oh well i learned so much about smps design

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf