Author Topic: DIR9001 No output  (Read 524 times)

Offline MichaelaudioTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
DIR9001 No output
« on: August 29, 2022, 07:58:07 pm »
I have soldered together this DIR9001 circuit, but i have no output Data. I can only measure ~200mv DC on pin 10/11. The Error pin is low. Have i done something wrong in the circuit, or have i damaged the ic?

Offline jwet

• Frequent Contributor
Re: DIR9001 No output
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2022, 03:11:32 pm »
This post is a bit old- perhaps you've worked it out but I am putting together a Toslink reciever and was looking at posts that are related.  Did you get it running?  What was the issue?

If you haven't gotten it working- here are a few things that I noted to watch for in reading the data sheet and other notes on the web.

1. The chip requires an active low reset after power is up and stable.  You show this as a module port on your schematic- I assume this goes to a GPIO on something.
2. The 30 pF cap on the RXin- is the recommended by the Toslink receiver?  The 9001 DS says input for RX is direct.
3. I'm sure you've tried different input streams.  The error being low means the internal PLL is locked on I believe.  Can you put in bad material and get this to go high as a sign of life
4. Have you probed things with scope or logic analyzer.  Those output signals being at 200 mV, could be low duty cycle digital data.

Good luck and let me know your experiences if you cracked the code on this issue.

Offline MichaelaudioTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: DIR9001 No output
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2022, 08:01:57 am »
I have worked on it, and it was the chip, somehow i damaged it.
Now it works, but Not how i expected, sadly. The Output of the PM1753 is clipped, like almost a perfect rectangle and i dont know why. I dont know If its an issue from the DA converter but i guess so. Im not that familiar with the inner workings of a DA converter so i dont know how i get a clipped Output signal.

@jwet yea, the 30pf is recommended for my jack.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf