Author Topic: DMM GIVEAWAY CONTEST FOR BEGINNERS  (Read 29230 times)

Offline jobog

• Regular Contributor
Re: DMM GIVEAWAY CONTEST FOR BEGINNERS
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2015, 09:00:07 pm »
If it's not too late I would like to withdraw my name from consideration in order for Trunkate to receive the meter she wants.  I'm another Hoosier from South Bend, IN and feel that she needs and could use the meter down there in Indy.

Go ND

Offline alank2

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2015, 09:36:31 pm »
I think it is cool that you are teaching your kids electronics and how they work. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that there are parents out there who are able to relate to their kids, teach their kids, and give them a hobby they love.

+1, it is awesome to see parents invest in their children.

Online xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #52 on: March 25, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
If it's not too late I would like to withdraw my name from consideration in order for Trunkate to receive the meter she wants.  I'm another Hoosier from South Bend, IN and feel that she needs and could use the meter down there in Indy.

Thanks for that jobog.  :)

Here are the winners!

1st prize - DudeGibbs wins the Tektronix CDM250

2nd & 3rd prizes - Zerorisers and Truncate both win a Fluke 27/FM

Congratulations!  :clap:

Please send me your full names and addresses in a PM, and I will arrange for my shipping and forward this info to the other shippers. I will be sending the CDM250. Excavatoree will be sending the Flukes and Lightages will be sending the test leads for the Flukes (from Chile!)

Again, congratulations to the winners and please show us a pic of the meters in use when you get them.  :-/O

Perhaps we can do another contest in the near future.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 11:53:48 pm by xrunner »
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline mtdoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2015, 12:16:29 am »
Kudos xrunner and well done! :-+ :-+

Offline iamdarkyoshi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2015, 03:03:20 am »
I think it is cool that you are teaching your kids electronics and how they work. It brings tears to my eyes knowing that there are parents out there who are able to relate to their kids, teach their kids, and give them a hobby they love.

+1, it is awesome to see parents invest in their children.

My dad got me started in electronics when I was 5. He was one of the guys who worked on the JBL Toon Truck if anyone remembers that... When I was about 12, I collected almost every Snapcircuits upgrade kit... 3 times. Might do a givaway if I can find them... My first intro to transistors was with these kits, and I uploaded a video to youtube. Same username as my username here. I was surprised to see how many views the video got. I want to change the audio to some soundtrack and annotate the video because my young voice is annoying, but I am too lazy. Anyway, I am 16 now, and as I am writing this, I have a big fat grin on my face because I just succesfully repaired a reciever with an exploded .65mm pin pitch SMD amplifier chip. First surface mount repair ever! Thanks to my dad and this great forum for continuing my hobby in electronics, and I encourage parents to do the same!

Offline jobog

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2015, 09:34:45 pm »
Congratulations to the winners.  Great job xrunner.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 12:00:04 am »
To those winners of the Fluke 27s, there will be a bit of a delay for the test leads. The area of Chile where I live has been hit with record rainfalls and this has caused major flooding and quite a bit of damage to the infrastructure here. I will send the leads as soon as I can but it may be a bit of a wait for them to arrive in the US.

Offline TrunKate

• Contributor
  • Son & Mother Beginners!
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 03:17:51 pm »
Thank you to everyone for the support. I really look forward to using our Fluke 27 with Thomas! Last night we tore down an old Stereo together. We put it back together and attached a couple of speakers that originally were a part of an USB set for our PC. It worked even with a few left over screws! Now Tom has his own radio, and is very proud.
"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true." -Spock

Offline iamdarkyoshi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 03:33:29 pm »
Thank you to everyone for the support. I really look forward to using our Fluke 27 with Thomas! Last night we tore down an old Stereo together. We put it back together and attached a couple of speakers that originally were a part of an USB set for our PC. It worked even with a few left over screws! Now Tom has his own radio, and is very proud.
Nice work! I really hope you guys enjoy the meter!  :-DMM

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: March 28, 2015, 04:41:30 pm »
According to what I see on another browser tab, somebody might be getting a DMM delivered today (maybe tomorrow).  :-DMM  :bullshit:  :clap:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline 22swg

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2015, 05:02:44 pm »
Give yourself a pat on the back xrunner :-+
Check your tongue, your belly and your lust. Better to enjoy someone else’s madness.

Offline DudeGibbs

• Contributor
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2015, 10:47:53 pm »
According to what I see on another browser tab, somebody might be getting a DMM delivered today (maybe tomorrow).  :-DMM  :bullshit:  :clap:

Please see attached image. I am a happy boy :-DMM. Just now opened the box and plugged it in. This is definitely the nicest piece of equipment I own now. Feels like i've leveled up. Thanks again for the support. One day I hope to help out a stranger like you did xrunner.  ^-^

This isnt the final resting place for the meter. I'll build a shelf for it later. AWESOME!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2015, 10:53:53 pm »
Sweet - but either the meter arrived malfunctioning or that battery needs charging.  :)

Offline DudeGibbs

• Contributor
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2015, 02:17:01 am »
Sweet - but either the meter arrived malfunctioning or that battery needs charging.  :)

Haha. I have the meter set to AC in the photo to demonstrate I have a proper meter now. 

• Super Contributor
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2015, 02:30:02 am »

Haha. I have the meter set to AC in the photo to demonstrate I have a proper meter now.

LOL -Whew!  :phew:

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #65 on: March 29, 2015, 05:54:39 am »
Thanks to xrunner I also have another TEK bench meter slowly swimming across the Atlantic to me. Nice to see the new home of that one though.

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #66 on: March 29, 2015, 06:18:52 am »
@xrunner

This has to be one of the better ways to give a multimeter away. Very well done.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #67 on: March 29, 2015, 06:27:58 am »
Plesae don't forget to thank Excavatoree for his contribution people. He supplied two Fluke 27s!

Offline pickle9000

• Super Contributor
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2015, 06:33:00 am »
Plesae don't forget to thank Excavatoree for his contribution people. He supplied two Fluke 27s!

Sorry, I didn't, your right. Thank you Excavatoree

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2015, 11:16:48 pm »
Well it seems that the Fluke 27 winners will be getting leads shipped from Hong Kong. It turns out it would cost me 5 times more to ship from Chile to the US than buying leads from Franky and having them shipped to the US. So Fluke 27 winners, look for a package from Franky (iloveelectronics here on the forums) in the following days. There will be new Digitek gold plated leads and a couple of extra things.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 12:14:01 am by Lightages »

Offline MasterSnipes

« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2015, 11:32:33 pm »
I guess I'll enter too! I hope I win!  :box: :-+

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2015, 11:33:38 pm »

The contest is over now, but I bet we have another ...

Stay tuned!  8)

Offline MasterSnipes

« Reply #72 on: March 30, 2015, 11:59:50 pm »

The contest is over now, but I bet we have another ...

Stay tuned!  8)

o damn sun

Offline LEDAero

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2015, 12:45:31 am »
It looks like I lucked out - although given its a US-spec DMM, it is probably the wrong voltage anyway :(

• Super Contributor
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2015, 12:52:38 am »
It looks like I lucked out - although given its a US-spec DMM, it is probably the wrong voltage anyway :(

No - the CDM250 has configuration switches on the back allowing it to run on mains up to 240V  :clap:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf