Author Topic: DMM GIVEAWAY CONTEST FOR BEGINNERS  (Read 29221 times)

Offline TrunKate

• Contributor
  • Son & Mother Beginners!
Re: DMM GIVEAWAY CONTEST FOR BEGINNERS
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2015, 03:46:05 pm »
As a mother I can say none of that sounds particularly safe to me! Though I am not entirely sure if it is or not....  :-//
"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true." -Spock

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »
They were joking.

Offline zerorisers

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2015, 04:21:26 pm »
As a mother I can say none of that sounds particularly safe to me! Though I am not entirely sure if it is or not....  :-//
pfffft. motherly instinct thinks nothing is safe. 120v touching both prongs all you feel is a tingle in your hand. ( I have done this multiple times when I was a kid unplugging my gamecube) My body is either very resilient to electric shock or its safe enough! :P
EDIT: Twas never on purpose... It was really hard to unplug.

*I do not endorse inducing yourself to electrical shock... EVER!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 04:24:04 pm by zerorisers »

Offline TrunKate

• Contributor
« Reply #103 on: April 07, 2015, 03:29:55 pm »
@zerorisers, I remember when I was perhaps 9 or 10 and connecting my SNES to the tv/wall. Put the power supply cable in my mouth to have both hands free...it was already plugged into the wall! I never did that again, gave me quit a shock! Even at that age I felt like I had performed a 'homer'! "DOH!"
"You may find that having is not so pleasing a thing as wanting. This is not logical, but it is often true." -Spock

Offline iloveelectronics

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #104 on: April 10, 2015, 03:58:57 am »
@TrunKate - I forgot to send you the tracking number for the package with the test leads but I checked today and it was indicated as "delivered". Let me know if you didn't receive it.

@zerorisers - Yours seem to have just arrived in your state, hopefully it won't be long until you receive it.
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline TrunKate

• Contributor
« Reply #105 on: April 10, 2015, 04:11:37 pm »
Oh, no we received it! Please forgive me for not getting back quicker. I have been so busy the last few days at home. We are really setup now for sure! I will update my picture gallery tonight with some pics of us and the leads! Thank you again!

Offline iloveelectronics

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #106 on: April 10, 2015, 04:49:30 pm »
Oh, no we received it! Please forgive me for not getting back quicker. I have been so busy the last few days at home. We are really setup now for sure! I will update my picture gallery tonight with some pics of us and the leads! Thank you again!

Thank Lightages, he paid for most of the content ;)
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline xrunnerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #107 on: April 10, 2015, 04:58:05 pm »

I hope your forum signature isn't applicable to the leads.  :-//

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline zerorisers

• Regular Contributor
  • young noobie, my apologies for low knowledge base.
« Reply #108 on: April 10, 2015, 10:53:34 pm »
Got the test leads today, the just smell like high quality. They are amazing, and I would definitely provide the link of your store to any electronics enthusiast I meet. Yesterday I went to a meeting at precision technologies and they are allowing me an internship so I get to learn a whole bunch more! Just need to finish my fafsa application so that I can go to college over the summer to take some core credit classes. Thank you all for everything. This is helping me so much. Taking apart this old plasma screen TV. I'm thinking of converting it to something less of a power hog. Also need to see why it doesn't turn on when i press the power button. standby power works tho. there is a strange noise from the board tho and it changes in pitch with flexing. Maybe ill figure it out later today.

Offline iamdarkyoshi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #109 on: April 11, 2015, 01:27:11 am »
Got the test leads today, the just smell like high quality. They are amazing, and I would definitely provide the link of your store to any electronics enthusiast I meet. Yesterday I went to a meeting at precision technologies and they are allowing me an internship so I get to learn a whole bunch more! Just need to finish my fafsa application so that I can go to college over the summer to take some core credit classes. Thank you all for everything. This is helping me so much. Taking apart this old plasma screen TV. I'm thinking of converting it to something less of a power hog. Also need to see why it doesn't turn on when i press the power button. standby power works tho. there is a strange noise from the board tho and it changes in pitch with flexing. Maybe ill figure it out later today.

Wow! Glad to hear that you are getting good use out of it! I have two plasmas to fix. Watch out for those capacitors though, then can really bite!!

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #110 on: April 11, 2015, 02:59:31 am »
I am so glad to see that people have good and safe equipment in their hands to learn with. The Fluke 27s should last a good long time. The bench meter is also a nice thing to have, no batteries to replace!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf