Electronics > Beginners

Energy Harvesting IC Chips?

(1/2) > >>

igorbog:
Do you know about Energy Harvesting IC Chips? Radio Energy? Piesso-Electric Energy? But Integrated Circuits? Where I can find this

Balaur:

--- Quote from: igorbog on November 01, 2011, 12:13:03 pm ---Do you know about Energy Harvesting IC Chips? Radio Energy? Piesso-Electric Energy? But Integrated Circuits? Where I can find this

--- End quote ---

A "Radio Energy" "Harvesting" device is an antenna. This one comes in all kinds and shapes.
Examples of piezoelectric devices that can generate electricity are the electric cigarette lighter or the acoustical pickups.

I have no clue why their availability in an IC format matters to you.

But, you really need to do your homework by yourself. I'm not saying that your questions are ignorant but you can find things on the Internet way more easily than asking those questions on forums.

igorbog:

--- Quote from: Balaur on November 01, 2011, 12:36:26 pm ---
--- Quote from: igorbog on November 01, 2011, 12:13:03 pm ---Do you know about Energy Harvesting IC Chips? Radio Energy? Piesso-Electric Energy? But Integrated Circuits? Where I can find this

--- End quote ---

A "Radio Energy" "Harvesting" device is an antenna. This one comes in all kinds and shapes.
Examples of piezoelectric devices that can generate electricity are the electric cigarette lighter or the acoustical pickups.

I have no clue why their availability in an IC format matters to you.

But, you really need to do your homework by yourself. I'm not saying that your questions are ignorant but you can find things on the Internet way more easily than asking those questions on forums.

--- End quote ---

Of  course I have checked on web before asking the question here. However you didn't get my question.
I want to suggest at my work an Idea to integrate energy harvesting circuit(not energy harvesting control unit like presented in every place on the web, but with the antena/ piesso electric unit) to Memory chip IC that my company produce. But I can't find a way to integrate harvesting circuit to IC Memory

Balaur:

--- Quote from: igorbog on November 01, 2011, 12:43:43 pm --- However you didn't get my question.
I want to suggest at my work an Idea to integrate energy harvesting circuit(not energy harvesting control unit like presented in every place on the web, but with the antena/ piesso electric unit) to Memory chip IC that my company produce. But I can't find a way to integrate harvesting circuit to IC Memory

--- End quote ---

I did understood your question from the start, but I was hoping that you are not serious about it.

Please, go ahead and suggest this to your senior colleagues. They will probably laugh at you and crush your dreams.

I guess that your company works on some kind of non-volatile SRAM. Does the standard solution about integrating a (optionally removable) battery on the chip itself is not applicable on your case?

The piezoelectric effect produces energy using mechanical stress. Are you able to think of a way of stressing the IC package to harvest energy without a major impact on the overall device design?

An example of devices that works using radio waves/energy is the common RFID tag. Passive RFID devices work by harvesting the energy transmitted by the receiver. Is this applicable to your case? Could you put some antenna in the chip package as well?

igorbog:
Yes we can integrate an antenna.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version