Electronics > Beginners

Extra car lock rolling code reciever - can you buy them?

(1/5) > >>

FriedMule:
I have got a new cabin scooter delivered with a remote control of that kind you get with your car, not the cheap remotes you typically see on eBay.
Unfortunately, have I only got one remote and have gotten told I have to buy a complete lock-system to be able to make more. On top of that, does it not have any alarm system, so I would like to buy a receiver that could catch the signal from the original remote and then react with my functions.

Psi:
I'm not sure what you mean by "that kind you get with your car, not the cheap remotes you typically see on eBay."

Do you mean it has an immobiliser key?

You need to have a lot more info to be able to figure out anything useful.

Could be fixed code or rolling code.
Could be a known protocol with many vulnerabilities or something custom.

If it was me, I'd probably take the key/keyfob apart and see what chips it has in it.
But i dont want you to damage your only working one.

FriedMule:
It was very easy to take it apart, here is a picture with the largest chip visible

Uunoctium:
And what can you read on that chip?
HCS100/101, 200/201... and a Microchip logo?

Gyro:

--- Quote from: FriedMule on August 14, 2022, 08:21:46 am ---It was very easy to take it apart, here is a picture with the largest chip visible

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/extra-car-lock-rolling-code-reciever-can-you-buy-them/?action=dlattach;attach=1565020

--- End quote ---

Nice moodily lit portrait shot of the top button! Now how about getting up and taking a proper vertical photo of the board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version