Author Topic: FNG checking in...  (Read 2802 times)

Offline terabyteTopic starter

• Contributor
FNG checking in...
« on: August 24, 2010, 02:16:17 am »
So I messed with simple electronics and R\C stuff as a kid, then computers took over and I made a career out of it. (Network Engineer\Administrator)
On the hobby front I was into cars as a younger adult and then that was replaced by racing motorcycles.

Well the spine has a few bulged discs and I am trying to take it a little easier.  So I'm going back to an old passion.

So far I have been following advise on here and I've got;
  • Fluke 87 III for less than $100 on eBay.
  • Tek 50MHZ for about $120 o
  • "Custom" bench\station
  • Mastech PSU
  • few more things...
Here is the beginnings of this FNGs setup.  I will post some more pics as I progress...

and the other passion

here is the "other" lab;

Offline DJPhil

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FNG checking in...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 07:32:47 am »
So I messed with simple electronics and R\C stuff as a kid, then computers took over and I made a career out of it. (Network Engineer\Administrator)
On the hobby front I was into cars as a younger adult and then that was replaced by racing motorcycles.

Well the spine has a few bulged discs and I am trying to take it a little easier.  So I'm going back to an old passion.

Looks like you're off to a great start! I wish I still had that much storage space, it fills up so quickly.

We were all FNGs at some point, no worries. :D

Nice windscreen sticker on that bike.  :o

Love the garage too, wish I had a welder sometimes. You've got an oven in the garage too! For baking headers?

Offline orbiter

• Frequent Contributor
  • -0 Resistance is Futile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 02:06:59 pm »
Beginnings of a great lab you got there mate. I recognise that book on the side there too.. 'Make Electronics?' I just got that myself :) It's a great book.

I'm a bike fan also. Used to race a few years back but injury has caught up with me now. My brother went one stage further than the track and moved on to to do the Isle of Man TT race for 7 years, and is in fact going over to the Isle of Man again tomorrow for the Manx GP

Here's a pic of his latest road toy... In fact it's not his latest as he's just bought a new Anniversary BMW R1200 GS Adventure too :o

As you can tell by the chicken strips on the rear tyre, it's not run-in yet :) Only 30 miles on the clock.

Regards

John
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:12:13 pm by orbiter »

Offline djsb

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 04:10:13 pm »
Another biker here. I own two German MZ's, an RT125 and a Skorpion traveller

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRLa8GP_WapTJfdxByhjdDX9Rhg8EmZvm5p5vCViSygS-e4wqQ&t=1&usg=__zhGmODK_gI7h2lxUf0YJkjA_MZM=

Don't have a workshop so I do all my work outside my window.

Used to live in Salford, near Manchester and I miss my rides out to the lovely north Wales countryside. Too far now I live in London.

David.
David
Hertfordshire,UK
University Electronics Technician, London PIC,CCS C,Arduino,Kicad, Altium Designer,LPKF S103,S62 Operator, Electronics instructor. Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime. Credited Kicad French to English translator.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf