Author Topic: Getting lost with analysing Class AB amplifier circuit  (Read 2739 times)

Offline bborisov567Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Getting lost with analysing Class AB amplifier circuit
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2021, 02:23:04 pm »

Was the 20mV difference measured in circuit or out of circuit?

In curcuit.

Not sure what 1.06M or 1.08M hFE is supposed to mean?

I don't know either. Usually the transistor tester shows a meaningful number. I tested some other transistors of that type and they all show 1.xxM value. Looks like a bug in the tester

Offset on the working channel i 2-3mv, difference on Vbe is also that small. Probably it will be the best to replace both transsitors with brand new.

Online magic

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2021, 02:52:23 pm »
No harm in that if you find the same type or suitable substitutes. If you match them on β it will be possible to adjust output to zero by making R601+R602+R603 = R608 and with small mismatch it will still be doable by tweaking R601.

If Vbe is equal out of circuit but becomes different in circuit, that could be a problem elsewhere.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 02:54:24 pm by magic »

The following users thanked this post: bborisov567

Offline bborisov567Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 18, 2021, 05:04:51 pm »
Recently i found another vintage amplifier and started trying to do some repair. This one has -dc supply on the output though. Output transistors are ok. Decided not to open a new topic for a quick question. What is the purpose of T505 and T506. It kinda looks like a current mirror but shouldnt T506’s base be connected to its collector? Where exatcly is the signal path for the “negative” part of the curcuit? Also there should be signal on T503’s collector, right? Schematic is here:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-caBoNeF4L1M/UmSsQvmugGI/AAAAAAAAC6c/u7ErQenGXf8/s1600/660_2_2.gif

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-aHtKx9ZJ5ss/UmSsQsr6ryI/AAAAAAAAC6Y/nRZxCKyJ8Ps/s1600/660_2_1.gif

Hope i dont get annoying with stupid questions about old amplifiers. :)

Online dietert1

• Super Contributor
    • CADT Homepage
« Reply #28 on: July 18, 2021, 06:46:41 pm »
No current mirror, but two constant current sources. Base voltages fixed by diodes (1.4 V above negative supply), current determined by emitter resistors. Signal path is from T503 to T507.

Regards, Dieter

The following users thanked this post: bborisov567

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf