Author Topic: GM328 Not Working  (Read 931 times)

Offline TroutsBaneTopic starter

GM328 Not Working
« on: January 11, 2021, 08:42:50 pm »
I thought I would try to build somthing past a simple breadborad circuit, so a got a GM328 component tester kit. It's all togeather now, but when I try to turn it on the screen is white, changes brightness a little, and then turns off as soon as I stop pressing the button. I notice that the red led is also not turning on, but will blink when I release the button. My meter says it is drawing 20mA ( manual says it shoud draw 30mA). I measured all the resistors and everything is in it's propper place. I am thinking it could be the pnp 9012 transistor because it gave me a hard time and I may have kept the soldering iron on it too long. Does that sound possible, or should I be looking at something else?

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
Re: GM328 Not Working
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 05:24:01 pm »
You might try asking in the component tester megathread:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/$20-lcr-esr-transistor-checker-project/6675/

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 08:19:21 pm »
Take some decent (i.e. not blurry/out of focus) pics of both the component side and the solder side and post them on here.  There are several variants of those transistor testers that are called GM328 by the sellers, so it will identify the variant you have as well as help spot any component placement of soldering issues.

Offline TroutsBaneTopic starter

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2021, 04:37:33 pm »
I took some voltage measurements on the arduino pins and was getting some wierd voltage fluctuations. I traced it back to one of the 9014 npn transistors. I am waiting for some of them to come in to see if that fixes the problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf