Author Topic: Chinese language datasheet (TPower TP4333e) images only  (Read 3041 times)

Offline 4omechaTopic starter

Chinese language datasheet (TPower TP4333e) images only
« on: July 16, 2017, 02:58:32 pm »
Fellas,

Got a single cell 18650 "power" bank, IC TPower TP4333e.

Want to use this PB w/ an LED headlight. Problem is: auto power-down when I < I_threshold (values yet unkown) for a couple of seconds.
I certainly could add an external circuit pulsing a current high enough to keep the PB running and thus prevent auto power-down.
My incentive however is to possibly modify the PB circuit to prevend auto p-d.

Only datasheet available is in pure Chinese language and -behold- image only, see section "Description":
https://www.yoycart.com/Product/540774289613/

So, no way using google translate, also online OCR didn't work out (surprise, surprise).

The PCB leaves pin 5 NC, in the "datasheet" this is a "SWT" pin, along with some "50mA", S1 (switch 1, as in the datasheet's sample application). If you press S1 for 2sec the LED (D5 in the DS) is switched on (pin 5: V_off=1.285V, V_on=1.8V), else it is switched off.

My hope would be that using pin 5 to toggle manually "ON" the circuit is disabling auto p-d. Adding the missing diode, R and tactile switch, the LED can indeed be switched ON and OFF. The circuit even starts when the LED is in ON state but then nevertheless does auto p-d after a couple of seconds w/o sufficient load current. With LED (D5) ON, the IC U1 is getting quite warm and I wouldn't want to leave it running unless either thermal shutdown kicks in or that same thermal shutdown possibly failing to kick in and killing the TP4333e  (U1). I only got this single one to work with and I need it too soon for a replacement to arrive in time from overseas.

Is the mentioned current of "50mA" a max current (aka "don't exceed 50mA") or is it (more likely) a minimum current to prevent shutdown (aka "load current must be greater than 50mA to prevent shutdown)? But then, the IC getting hot within 20 seconds seems quite confusing. I'm a bit puzzled right now.

So, ideas anyone? Someone maybe could translate the marked paragraph in the attached datasheet image (datasheet page 4)?

Any help is highly appreciated.

tia,
mech

Offline MyHeadHz

• Regular Contributor
Re: Chinese language datasheet (TPower TP4333e) images only
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2017, 10:55:53 pm »
Well, I figured I'd give ye olde mandarin online OCR a shot myself.

??????

SWT ??uI??? LED ??????????.??????
?30mA' uI?? LED???????'j????????
?. SV? ?????????, ?????? S? ?2S???
???? ????? S? ?2S????????

It looked plausible for a non-speaker, so I ran it through google translate.  ... something clearly went horribly wrong at some point in the process.  I had a nice laugh at that the results, so I thought I'd share    :-DD   google  translate output:

Shou Tuen Kuangku charges out

SwT I Bu can be [Yi tempered beans] LED provocation Tl power lord dry hand temples rich simple mantle _! Fighting 'li [heavy heavy chu chu encounter] halo halo chu branch
Force 5omA. Bai IL? [climbing Yang LI three beetle to take the boom drift chu chu has been, once _ ? floating [more chu I niches '], ? Luan poison' H-mouth mouth no halo ? indonesia I drunk. J halo color
SwT to the inch is also the cost of the flower and the mouth of the mouth. _ Wudi East by the spleen security si 2 2 '' hand Tuen
(2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2) (2)

... and I thought english OCR was bad :o  I looked closer and maybe about half seem to be the correct characters.  I found a better quality image and tried again.  here is that output:

??????

SWT ??uI??? LED ??????????.??????
?30mA' uI?? LED???????'j????????
?. SV? ?????????, ?????? S? ?2S???
???? ????? S? ?2S????????

and the google translate output:

Hand Tuen lighting output

SWT end of the "uI to rob the LED Ding Ding in the hand of the package Tuenbao month.
? 30mA 'uI to the LED string I live in vain and decrement' j, indicating the hand Tuen Ding Tuen
Flow. SV stare at the same inch is also by the bullock dog, female oral fruit by S-inch tart 2S, hand Tuen
Tube to fight, and then sand two bolt by S inch bullock 2S hand tube tube output dog attached.

just as hilarious, but just as worthhless :p
ohhh, well.  Couldn't help, but at least I gave it a good shot.  good luck! :)

edit: apparently the forum kills the mandarin characters in posts.   Here is a pastebin of the second output since I still have that up.  the forum made the first one gibberish and I don't have it anymore.  :/  Here is the better quality scan source:  http://www.360docs.net/doc/info-f3cc639e48d7c1c709a145a4.html
« Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 11:02:21 pm by MyHeadHz »

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2017, 11:39:47 pm »
MyHeadHz,

Thanks for trying.

That second better-quality datasheet.. I seen that, too. But look at the values. DS from first post: "50mA", and your post's DS: "30mA". Which one is the latest DS? Is it ballpark figures? Not instilling confidence on my side.

73 de
mecha

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 11:53:00 pm »
follow-up:

Dunno what made me believe this headlight is low-power. It has 2 LED-modes, little one using 2 LEDs and big one using 6 LEDs. 220mA and 500mA, resp. So it's definitely not a auto power-down because of too light a load current. It's rather a thermal shutdown. Just my wild guess. This powerbank is supposed to easily deliver 1A cont.

That headlight has also a bulb mode for distance illumination. Repeatedly, the powerbank is completely shutting down the very instant the bulb is activated.

Had a hunch this might be due to EMI, as both the powerbank and the headlight use pulsed current apparently (at least in LED-mode). Neither device is shielded nor filtered (obviously). But a huge ferrite and 5 windings for harmonics suppression didn't do any good. So still not one step further.

Oh, and yes, I tested different 18650 cells and also hooked up my bench PS. To no avail.

I'm starting to think this powerbank and the TP4333e are just one big pile of junk. XP anyone? Does this couple-o'-dollars-priced crap work at all (I mean for more than 30 seconds in a piece)?

73 de
mecha

Offline chicken

• Frequent Contributor
  • Rusty Coder
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 02:43:58 am »
Try the Google translate app on a smart phone and point the camera at the datasheet. Seems to do decent enough job.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 03:37:30 am »
http://www.dianyuan.com/upload/community/2016/08/31/1472634825-60301.pdf
Datasheet for a similar but not identical SP4533 appears to have the same paragraph, and it's not an image.

Rough translation:
Torch Illumination Output
SWT can drive LED lights for torch lighting, the maximum drive current of 30mA, LED series resistance can be reduced to indicate the current of the torch, SWT is also a key switch pin, if long press S1 button 2S, torch open again Press S1 button 2S torch output off.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf