Author Topic: where to find surplus stores around south florida?  (Read 1658 times)

Offline rexy666Topic starter

where to find surplus stores around south florida?
« on: March 11, 2015, 11:38:36 am »
I live near Miami, FL. I was wondering where can I find a surplus store near the area for cheap lab tools?

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
Re: where to find surplus stores around south florida?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 12:22:45 pm »
I don't recall any being there when I was living in Broward County.  The only surplus store that I know of is Skycraft in Orlando.  Their prices aren't always shown as cheap but you may be able to bargain with them.  Check out their website at www.skycraftsurplus.com  They also have an eBay store.  Bad thing is you will pay tax and shipping.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 03:43:17 am »
Closest I'm aware of is MPJA in West Palm Beach. Not local, but at least it's closer than Orlando (although if you're ever in Orlando, do try and make it into Skycraft).  ;D

Offline neonhomer

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 06:06:51 pm »
+1 on Skycraft. It's a good 3-4 hour drive from South Florida to Orlando, but I think it is worth the trip there if you happen to be in the Orlando area.

There is also a place in Melbourne. I can't recall the name off the top of my head, but they have some pretty good stuff as well.
------------------------------------------
NeonHomer
"No Matter Where You Go, There You Are"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf