Electronics > Beginners

Hantek DSO5102B or Owon SDS7102

<< < (2/2)

rf-loop:

--- Quote from: lavo-1 on February 04, 2012, 08:20:54 pm ---Reading this post with much interest as I am toying with the idea of buying a Owon SDS7102.

rfloop would be so kind as to post a link to where you found the information regarding the new 200MHz firmware as I am unable to see a SDS7102 with this BW advertised. ;)

--- End quote ---

No, 200MHz do not come by any FW. It is not FW related thing here in this case.

After Owon made new improved HW it rise BW. You can easy find these tests.
They have designed agen scope analog front end construction. Also relays have changed for better reliability and RF.

Also Owon SDS7102 have alvays 2ns/div. Hantek have this only in 200MHz model.

Owon SDS7102 have well over 200MHz -3dB point and over 300MHz -6dB point.

Owon do not advertize it becouse it is still sold as 100MHz model. Due to 1GSa/s one channel and maximum 500MSa/s for two channel.  If use both channels there is Nyquist wall too close for really name it 200MHz oscilloscope. And same for Hantek! But Hnatek sell and advertize 200MHz model where maximum 2 channel samplerate is 500MSa/s. It is just borderline. It can do just 200MHz IF there is perfect sampling and perfect sinx/x function. (As described in one Agilent document)

So also Owon can not name real 200MHz 2 channel oscilloscope.

It was thinked as real time sampling. If we take repetitive sampling, it is differen case of course. Example 500MHz BW scope may do even 10MSa/s. Or even slower if trigger is good enough, signal is continuous and we have lot of time to collect samples.

But if look sampled signal quality Owon is better than factory made Hantek 100MHz with FW hack to 200MHz model.
Both have this same limit. 1Gsa/s or 500GSa/s.
With bigger memory Owon keeps this samplerate also with more slow horizntal speeds. 2 channel mode Owon have 10Msample for both channel. Hantek DSO5000B have around near 500k for both channels Also it need remember that Hantek have 800/400MSa/s and 1GSa/s (and 500MSa/s) is only some fastest timebases.
It is becouse there is 4+4 100MHz ADC and it overclocks these to 125MHz only if some fastest Horizointal speed is in use.(After 20ns/div if I remember right)

Test pictures with one new improved random unit.
(typical)
Note: Signal feed termination is just 50ohm feed thru terminator and it do not match perfect mainly becouse oscilloscope input is reactive load. (but new improved Owon have guite low input capacitance - somewhere typically around 10pF (Owon specs are, as typically, old. I do not understand these many chinese companies they do not update data as they do some changes or find some errors in specs)

to 100MHz

to 250MHz

Pulse. (this pulse itself risetime is around 1.3ns so it do not give real oscilloscope risetime but close)

500MHz sweep with FFT.

rf-loop:
Here also risetime measurement with around 70ps risetime pulse.
Pulse come from Tek 284.

First without persistence some typical shot.

Second no averaging and persistence on so that it can show all wobbling and other things as example trigger stability.

well... this is Owon "100MHz" cheap chinese.

What I really want.
Owon HW and Hantek UI.
But there is no.
So... just as in Hifi I select better sound, not machine what ahve more lights and adjustments. But it is my selection and it pass only to me.

osarus:
Thanks for the in depth answer rf-loop

Would you be able to comment on the annoyances/problems with the owens featureset/user interface?

Cheers

alm:

--- Quote from: rf-loop on February 05, 2012, 01:14:08 pm ---And same for Hantek! But Hnatek sell and advertize 200MHz model where maximum 2 channel samplerate is 500MSa/s. It is just borderline. It can do just 200MHz IF there is perfect sampling and perfect sinx/x function. (As described in one Agilent document)

--- End quote ---
The most important parameter is the filter response. 2.5x sample rate should be fine with good interpolation and a brick wall filter response, but not with a Gaussian response. From your quoted -3dB and -6dB points, the Owon scopes appear to be closer to a Gaussian response, what about the Hantek?

--- Quote from: rf-loop on February 05, 2012, 01:29:26 pm ---What I really want.
Owon HW and Hantek UI.
But there is no.
So... just as in Hifi I select better sound, not machine what ahve more lights and adjustments. But it is my selection and it pass only to me.

--- End quote ---
That's not really a fair comparison, you use the UI of a scope all the time, as opposed to adjusting the volume on an amplifier. Both the UI and signal integrity are real issues. Plenty of products have failed in the market place due to UI, for example the early DSOs with UI designed as computers, not scopes. This is not just the difference between blue and red LEDs.

osarus:
Decided to go with the owon because

can buy in australia $60 cheaper
after hantek brought out tekway they seem to be releaseing more bugs they they are solving. (though they are posting fw updates in forum to fix user issues)
higher res screen
sample rate at 1m memory depth is faster on owon apparently

mainly without actually having used one befor, i dont know what i should expect or what i want in a scope. so for now ill go with the cheaper of the 2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version