Author Topic: Have anyone worked with O2 analyser. (urgent! its for covid patients)  (Read 5023 times)

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
This is my attempt on the codes. I don't kow if it works or not. Plus I dont know how I could calibrate with ambient air sensing.

I can offer help with calibration, but you need to add a push button inside your device. Can you do that?

The following users thanked this post: Adhith

Offline fcb

• Super Contributor
  • Test instrument designer/G1YWC
    • Electron Plus
How are you proceeding - do you need more help/advice etc..??
https://electron.plus Power Analysers, VI Signature Testers, Voltage References, Picoammeters, Curve Tracers.

The following users thanked this post: Adhith

Offline StuartA

• Regular Contributor
Some of the oxygen concentrators on the commercial market use an ultrasound method of measuring the nitrogen / oxygen ratio, which I think is what you actually want to do if you are using molecular sieve to achieve concentration. It's actually sensing gas density.

These ultrasound sensors were available on ali express last year, but I no longer have a link to them. However, these are the notes I made about their technical function;

Detection principle:Principle of ultrasonic measurement
Detection range:20.9%~100%
precision:±1.8%FS@ (10-45
Distinguishing rate:0.1%
The response time:30s
The working conditions:- 10% - 50 ° c, 0-95% RH (condensation)
Storage conditions: - 20% - below 60 ° c, 0-95% RH in T (condensation)
Working voltage:DC 5.0 V to 12.0 V
Working current:Average operating current <40mA
Signal output:UART_TTL (3.3 V )
Product size:W70 * H33 "D13.8 (mm)

Remember that although Covid has raised interest in oxygen concentrators, they are old technology. Many people with routine medical conditions (e.g. asthma) which are assisted by breathing oxygen enriched air, have been buying and using them for years (see, for example https://www.portableoxygen.co.uk).

LATER ADDITION; here's what I was refering to for $48 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030006090.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1e36472aYVbR97&algo_pvid=65de0d2c-dacc-4ec7-9f10-c86d51affcff&algo_expid=65de0d2c-dacc-4ec7-9f10-c86d51affcff-2&btsid=0b0a555a16214822517298144e852c&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_  sure there are several others

« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 03:49:06 am by StuartA »

Offline AdhithTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
How are you proceeding - do you need more help/advice etc..??
Things are going great. We almost completed our second prototype. the sensor is working pretty good. Medical testing needs to be done now. However rolling this thing out at present maybe tough due to the time delay for proper testing. We are now looking this to introduce into the 3rd wave, which unfortunately is most certain here in India according to reports.

I was planning to leave this thread open for a while so that I can update you guys and probably get more advice along the road.

• Frequent Contributor
Some of the oxygen concentrators on the commercial market use an ultrasound method of measuring the nitrogen / oxygen ratio, which I think is what you actually want to do if you are using molecular sieve to achieve concentration. It's actually sensing gas density.

These ultrasound sensors were available on ali express last year, but I no longer have a link to them. However, these are the notes I made about their technical function;

Detection principle:Principle of ultrasonic measurement
Detection range:20.9%~100%
precision:±1.8%FS@ (10-45
Distinguishing rate:0.1%
The response time:30s
The working conditions:- 10% - 50 ° c, 0-95% RH (condensation)
Storage conditions: - 20% - below 60 ° c, 0-95% RH in T (condensation)
Working voltage:DC 5.0 V to 12.0 V
Working current:Average operating current <40mA
Signal output:UART_TTL (3.3 V )
Product size:W70 * H33 "D13.8 (mm)

Remember that although Covid has raised interest in oxygen concentrators, they are old technology. Many people with routine medical conditions (e.g. asthma) which are assisted by breathing oxygen enriched air, have been buying and using them for years (see, for example https://www.portableoxygen.co.uk).

LATER ADDITION; here's what I was refering to for $48 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33030006090.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1e36472aYVbR97&algo_pvid=65de0d2c-dacc-4ec7-9f10-c86d51affcff&algo_expid=65de0d2c-dacc-4ec7-9f10-c86d51affcff-2&btsid=0b0a555a16214822517298144e852c&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_  sure there are several others

Thank you very much for the info. The website link is broken but I'll try to find the sensor and probably get back to you. However, Importing from china is a bit problematic now, as India have banned Ali express and also imposed few new rules to Chinese import

• Frequent Contributor
This is my attempt on the codes. I don't kow if it works or not. Plus I dont know how I could calibrate with ambient air sensing.

I can offer help with calibration, but you need to add a push button inside your device. Can you do that?
Great! Thank you. I could include a push button

Offline zampa

Re: Have anyone worked with O2 analyser. (urgent! its for covid patients)
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2021, 04:14:18 am »
Hello guys, I need you support on this one
As the conditions in our country, India is getting bad, me and few of my friends are planning to build an O2 concentrator. We have done our initial trial testing we are getting good results. Now we are moving towards the electronic part where, we need to analyse the O2 percent that we generated using the OOM202  oxygen sensor and display on a 7 segment display. This goes on to each system that we produce. could anyone guide me how to use this O2 sensor module with arduino ?

any help is appreciated, We will be pushing lots of these in this week, if we could figure out this electronic part. Thank you

Hello all,

With regard to the same subject, I have been working on an Oxygen concentrator where I am using an OOM202 oxygen sensor from Envitec for measuring the oxygen concentration at the output.

When I subjected the sensor with 99% oxygen concentration from a known source for calibrating, the sensor reading drastically increased and almost reached 200mV within no time.
So, as I went through these threads the values that are mentioned here for 100% oxygen concentration is somewhere around 75-80mV.
There is confusion in this aspect of the sensor.
Any help with this regard will be greatly appreciated :)
Thanks in Advance

« Last Edit: July 20, 2021, 04:24:51 am by zampa »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf