Author Topic: Having trouble making a high power signal generator.  (Read 650 times)

Offline TylerebowersTopic starter

Having trouble making a high power signal generator.
« on: April 19, 2020, 06:57:08 pm »
I have circuit that is using an IRS2453, it is used for driving H-bridges (it includes dead times). The mosfets that I am using are FQA46N15 and they will work for this application. I designed a schematic (the attached image) and built a circuit for it. The problem is that the output is at 60Hz, and I need the output at 28KHz. The data sheet says that the internal oscillator can run in this frequency range on page 7, and it is also based on a 555 timer. The RT and CT values were calculated with the given equation on page 13 of the datasheet.

I have two of the IRS2453 ics, so I connected the power to it without anything else connected and the outputs were also at 60hz. This result leads me to believe that I have pins 3 and 4 connected wrong.

What could I do to fix this? |O

Links:
IRS2453 Datasheet: https://www.infineon.com/dgdl/Infineon-IRS2453D-DataSheet-v02_00-EN.pdf? fileId=5546d462533600a40153567ac42f2814

Offline Manul

• Super Contributor
Re: Having trouble making a high power signal generator.
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 08:05:15 pm »
If you did not, connect SD pin to COM. Also, does the frequency change at all if you adjust resistor or change 10nF capacitor? 60 Hz is suspiciously same as mains frequency...

Offline TylerebowersTopic starter

Re: Having trouble making a high power signal generator.
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 08:55:25 pm »
I just found out the issue, one of the potentiometers was broken so I just used a different one. Also the SD is connected to com.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf