Electronics > Beginners

HDMI - Is expensive better?

(1/12) > >>

TheBritishGuy:
Moderator warning: This post is spam and the product clearly an overpriced scam. The user has been banned but the thread will remain for information and entertainment  :popcorn:

Hey guys,

British Guy here,  I'm new to this so apologies if I say anything untoward. 

I wondered if I could hear your thoughts on a new HDMI cable I just bought.

So..... it all started when I realised my lg tv hdmi not working and I basically ended up looking into improving my entire home set-up, including purchasing a premium high speed hdmi cable (alongside a new playstation and an 8K TV).  I looked around and saw the extortionate prices on future shop so figured I would go for a UKHDMI company that had a good quality product but without the pricing.

Link to the webpage is here https://bunu.tech/M-Premium%20HDMI%20UK/home.html

So this product was 59.99 but was listed as a premium certified HDMI Cable UK.  My question is: what is the efficacy of this product and does the marketing hype match up to my expectations of what it can do.

There's stuff in the leaflet like HDMI ultra HD Deep Color and I can't see no difference in picture quality if I'm honest with you.

Any advice appreciated.

Benta:

--- Quote from: edavid on August 03, 2021, 08:04:11 pm ---Return it and buy the cheapest cable you can find.  It will work exactly the same.

--- End quote ---

+1

The golddigger days of audiophool cable madness are over.

Gyro:
Just a hint as you're a newbie. Double posting is frowned upon here, people tend to get irritated by finding that other people have already supplied the same information. It makes you pretty unpopular with the Mods.

This applies doubly when you're posting links to a sales website. Curiously, also in Leeds like you.  ;)

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/dodgy-technology/rhodiumnano-crystal-plug-socket-snake-oil/msg3620229/#msg3620229

tszaboo:

--- Quote from: edavid on August 03, 2021, 08:04:11 pm ---Return it and buy the cheapest cable you can find.  It will work exactly the same.

--- End quote ---
One would think, but actually, not always. Low-end HDMI cables are missing features like ARC, their max resolution can be lower. I had one, which seems to work fine, except every few hours the sound cuts off.
Signal integrity is a real thing. Also missing wires.

wraper:

--- Quote from: TheBritishGuy on August 03, 2021, 07:33:25 pm ---premium certified HDMI Cable UK

--- End quote ---
Premium certified bullshit I suspect. For short cables (<2m), unless it's the cheapest substandard crap for China, everything should work the same. £3 or £1000 will make no difference. Maybe if you really need 8k @ 60Hz some cables may not work as should, but even for 4k @ 60Hz there should be no difference as long as cable was made according to standard.

--- Quote ---There's stuff in the leaflet like HDMI ultra HD Deep Color and I can't see no difference in picture quality if I'm honest with you.
--- End quote ---
HDMI is a digital signal. It either works or it doesn't. Anyone who claims that cable affects picture quality if full of BS.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version