Author Topic: Hello  (Read 928 times)

Offline jbeachTopic starter

Hello
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:14:06 pm »
Hi,
I hope this isn't the wrong spot to put this. Most forums I have joined have had a welcome new person section. I did not see such a section here.
I just signed up.
I have a multimeter that has quit working correctly. It was shorting between the volts and ohms range on the selector switch. Attempts to clean the conctats have made it worse. Now the mater is useless. That is fine, becuase I have already purchased a replacement.  The new Meter is an Extech 330.  I was glad to see Dave do both of these meters against each other in his shootout.
I have had the meter since about 2007. It was purchased with part of a tool kit/set that I got through my Aircraft Mechanic School.

Throwing the old meter into the trash just doesn't seem right.
What would anyone suggest I do with my old Elenco M2625. 

Offline Wimberleytech

• Super Contributor
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 01:54:58 am »
Does any range work?
For example, if capacitance range works, just use it as a dedicated capacitance meter.
Make it a dedicated instrument using one of the ranges that still works.

Otherwise, toss it.

...and...WELCOME :clap:

Offline Old Printer

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 02:24:34 am »
Welcome. I keep everything, never know when you will find a use for some doodad. If the amps section works then defiantly put it to use. Most of us have at least two DMMs and one of the most popular uses for the second is to monitor amps while the other is watching volts.

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 03:41:22 am »
Hi,
I hope this isn't the wrong spot to put this. Most forums I have joined have had a welcome new person section. I did not see such a section here.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/chat/new-member-please-introduce-yourself/

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf