Author Topic: HELP!!! What is wrong with this schematic AMS1117 is burning all the time  (Read 4528 times)

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
If that is the case, then I can offer an advice to the OP (he can take it now and thank me later):

- Do Not buy parts from eBay or worse yet from Amazon or Aliexpress.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline HackerMyTopic starter

• Contributor
If that is the case, then I can offer an advice to the OP (he can take it now and thank me later):

- Do Not buy parts from eBay or worse yet from Amazon or Aliexpress.

Thank You for the advice, but i have more than 200pcs of AMS1117...I began testing them one by one and the first 20pcs were OK(Vout=4.95..5.00V). So i stop testing them. I assumed that I had just a bad luck with the first few of them or they were damaged during the transport or I damaged them by soldering(almost impossible) - I have no idea but the 20 i tested all OK. With 47uF capacitor the AMS1117 works OK-no heating no burning, but i still have ripples on the output about 250-300mV pick to pick. I don't know if this will be a problem for ATTiny85....Without the 47mF capacitor, ATTiny was working unstable - once per week the MCU freezes. To reset the MCU after  freeze, I added a mechanical restart and counter how many times has been restarted, and left it far a way from home(about 150km). I will go today to check how is doing, and i will change it with the new one with the capacitors and the mechanical protection i prepared here. But i still not sure about those ripples i still have on the 5V output....I know that i can not make the ripples 0, but i don't know what is considered as normal. Thank You all!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 01:48:57 pm by HackerMy »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf