Author Topic: help identifying diode in a switch mode power supply board (for LED TV)  (Read 449 times)

Offline electron_jjTopic starter

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum. I would like to seek help on identifying a tiny diode in a switch mode power supply board in a Panasonic LED TV. The diode (D407 on the circuit board) has been circled in yellow in the attached photo. I have also attached the portion of the schematic with D407 diode highlighted in green. Unfortunately, this schematic diagram which I have found on the web does not provide any details on the components. The diagram only shows the circuits with no values stated for the components.

I have desoldered the diode out of the circuit and measured it with DMM using diode mode and the voltage value is around 0.173 which I think it unusually low and may be defective. The reverse reads OL. The markings on the diode is IK4 6A. Many thanks for your help!

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
Re: help identifying diode in a switch mode power supply board (for LED TV)
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2021, 05:32:58 am »
http://www.goodark.com/datasheet/schottky_barrier_rectifiers/schottky_barrier_rectifiers/1K2%20thru%201K6.pdf

But 0.17 Vf is not "unusually low" for a Schottky diode, and as it reads open in the other direction I would definitely say it is not defective.

The following users thanked this post: electron_jj

Offline electron_jjTopic starter

Re: help identifying diode in a switch mode power supply board (for LED TV)
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2021, 10:58:10 am »
Great, thanks!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf