Author Topic: Help identifying some ICs  (Read 1639 times)

Offline vmalletTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Help identifying some ICs
« on: October 22, 2019, 06:18:43 am »
I have a couple of chips I'd like to identify. They are from an industrial motherboard by Sigmatek (Austrian company) from the mid-2000s.

First chip looks like it would be easy but somehow I haven't found anything yet. 44 pins; I feel I have seen that logo but can't identify it.
859066-0

Next is something that looks like a custom IC by Sigmatek, made by Sharp. Am I hopeless here?
859070-1

These two black chips with "P85" on them are reasonably close to the power supply section of the board:

Thank you!

Online Twoflower

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Help identifying some ICs
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 06:39:18 am »
The first one: The logo is Bosch. And here's one place call the device "40007 BOSCH LQFP44 0272240007 CC770 Series Stand Alone CAN Controller". Hope that helps as starter for your search.

Edit: here's the product page: http://www.bosch-semiconductors.com/automotive-system-ics/in-vehicle-communication/cc770/
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 06:41:00 am by Twoflower »

The following users thanked this post: vmallet

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 09:42:19 pm »
The first one: The logo is Bosch. And here's one place call the device "40007 BOSCH LQFP44 0272240007 CC770 Series Stand Alone CAN Controller". Hope that helps as starter for your search.

That's great thank you, yes that was one key chip I was missing.

This board has 78 ICs and I've identified most of them, I just have these few chips left above. I'm working off pictures and can't do continuity tests at the moment. Slowly but surely.

Offline Dmeads

• Regular Contributor
  • who needs deep learning when you have 555 timers
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 10:23:58 pm »
the bottom pic looks like an SOT (small outline transistor) package. and since they are near the power supply section, they might just be transistors. Also the large pad on the top of the package I think can be used for heat sinking and can be a collector or a drain in a transitor (just more thoughts to support the transistor theory).

hope his helps

Offline Yansi

• Super Contributor
  • STM32, STM8, AVR, 8051
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 10:26:26 pm »
The Bosch one is mooore than likely a piece manufactured by STMicroelectronics. The font is a dead giveaway and ST and Bosch are quite friends in both automotive and industrial comms.

//EDIT: Typo.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2019, 01:31:02 am »
The two-line SOT89s with BK on the top (the bottom line is a date/batch code) are BCX56-10.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 01:34:18 am by amyk »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2019, 05:07:27 am »
Thanks for all the replies. At this point I have figured out all the chips except for the custom Sigmatek chip.

The two-line SOT89s with BK on the top (the bottom line is a date/batch code) are BCX56-10.

I had bumped into this one but dismissed thinking it wouldn't "just" be a transistor... But looking more closely at the datasheet it's all there with the markings and everything. Thanks!

Online Jwillis

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2019, 06:05:35 pm »
Is it possible that the Sigmatek chip is a Real Time Ethernet VARAN Bus.For some reason,that's how I keep getting pointed to when I do searches.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf