Author Topic: Help Me Find This BNC Connector  (Read 1376 times)

Online MechatrommerTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Help Me Find This BNC Connector
« on: November 19, 2023, 03:16:52 pm »
this one is like a dog to find. its used in Rigol DHO800/900 Ext Trig... it looks like this (almost)...

https://www.renhotecrf.com/product/bnc-connector-waterproof-straight-jack-panel-mount-bulkhead-50-ohm-rht-610-0225

but the one in aliexpress got different dimension and footprint and cannot fit on DHO800 PCB...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004965339966.html

attached is the dimension (mm) i measured and handwritten... can anyone help find where to buy?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2023, 03:33:06 pm by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
Re: Help Me Find This BNC Connector
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2023, 03:42:44 pm »
One can think that this really can't be that difficult.
Apparently it can.

Seems that only angled versions are tall enough.
Maybe it's customized, seems to be an ordinary thing these days.

Some angled ones are just few mils too tall.
Maybe slicing and straightening is the way.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2023, 03:51:56 pm »
Some angled ones are just few mils too tall.
Maybe slicing and straightening is the way.
are you kidding?
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2023, 08:35:55 pm »
Heh, I didn't think the full metal version.
Didn't check any special ranges either, but generally 1GHz was low.

COAX Connectors has 27.8 tall type, but it's missing the panel part.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Offline liaifat85

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2023, 10:38:07 am »
I don't think it will be possible to find the exact dimensions. You can contact the first website that you shared. You can ask them if any BNC connector with the the exact dimension is available.

The following users thanked this post: Mechatrommer

Offline u666sa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 07:18:02 am »
You should be able to cut 3 legs off that aliexpress connector and install it on two legs. Center one and ground one. If ground one don't quite fit right, then you should be able to drill PCB. Another option is to use BNC with a cable and mount it the plastic body -- https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005004851761374.html

If you go either of these crunched options, be sure to buy at least two connectors. Because first one could be botched. I'd buy 3.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 10:29:55 am »
You should be able to cut 3 legs off that aliexpress connector and install it on two legs. Center one and ground one. If ground one don't quite fit right, then you should be able to drill PCB. Another option is to use BNC with a cable and mount it the plastic body -- https://aliexpress.ru/item/1005004851761374.html

If you go either of these crunched options, be sure to buy at least two connectors. Because first one could be botched. I'd buy 3.
good advice/idea except i'm not going to drill the pcb. using cable/pigtail will also make it weirder. btw i bought cheaper version of BNC from aliexpress, pin distance are not quite match the pcb, so i bent 3 legs a little bit, cut 1 leg. can be seen below, this is the best option i can think of without risk damaging pcb.. cutting 3 legs will reduce mechanical strength significantly, this will be used to plug and unplug BNC connector, risk of peeled pcb or broken BNC pins is higher. current setup, the bottom metal part of BNC cannot sit tightly on the pcb, its hanging 1 or 2mm. if i force to push it tight, pins will break or pcb vias will get crushed, so i think its hanging there is acceptable. i'll give more time if i can get better idea before jumping to cutting 3 pins option, my thinking is to maintain mechanical strength. cheers.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/low-cost-logic-analyzer-probe-for-rigol-mso5000-easyeda-project/msg5200419/#msg5200419

Offline u666sa

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 07:34:36 pm »
Just drill that ground lulz. Who cares? It's ground.  |O

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2023, 05:35:28 am »
Just drill that ground lulz. Who cares? It's ground.  |O
nope! its not just for my board. and you'll never know what tolerance between power plane and gnd via in the middle layer. unless you have good xray..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf