Author Topic: Help needed replacing a switch on a table saw  (Read 580 times)

Offline WolfgangIIITopic starter

Help needed replacing a switch on a table saw
« on: April 17, 2024, 11:40:40 am »
Hello everyone, I am seeking some advice, and as I don't know anyone whom I can ask  directly I have turned to the good people of the inter net for help.
it's a straight forward problem, the switch on my table saw stopped working, only worked when manually held in. So I bought a replacement on line and assumed as it is almost identical that the wiring would also be. When I connected it up, it just kept tripping the power. Then I thought it may be the capicator, so I replaced that. Same issue. Finally I had a look on the side of the switch and I see the wiring is different. I was hoping someone could tell me the corrisponding numbers from the two circuit diagrams.

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Help needed replacing a switch on a table saw
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2024, 12:01:10 pm »

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2024, 12:31:29 pm »
Thank you very much. I have to go buy some ceramic fuses before I can try it out, but I will let you know what happens.

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2024, 10:34:22 am »
I got it working  ;D. Thanks to your help wraper. It took some figuring out, but nievely from my part I discovered the pin position on the switch didn't match the pin position in the diagram on the side of the switch . On the new switch I could see the pins marked with numbers but it wasn't till l put on stronger glasses I saw the very feint numbers on the original switch. Live and learn.

The following users thanked this post: wraper

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf