Author Topic: Help to identify connector  (Read 442 times)

Offline tipo1000Topic starter

Help to identify connector
« on: February 20, 2024, 08:27:36 am »
Hi,

I'd need help to identify this connector.
Pitch is 2mm.
It has locking tab on top.

Thanks,
Tipo
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 09:10:34 am by tipo1000 »

Offline chrisjs

Re: Help to identify connector
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2024, 09:27:03 am »

Offline tipo1000Topic starter

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2024, 11:29:37 am »
It is not JST PH-connector. JST PH-connector doesn't have locking tab which is visible here.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2024, 10:14:03 am »
Looks like it could be JST PA series, or the similar not-quite-clone of PA known as “HY 2.0mm”. The most common way to buy HY connectors and cables from western distributors is as “Grove” connectors. Otherwise you have to get them on Ali/ebay/LCSC/Amazon etc.

Example HY connectors: https://www.hegxing.com.cn/product/smt-connector-hy-2-0mm-pitch/

Offline sparkydog

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2024, 05:13:28 pm »
Comparing to the examples here, yours looks quite similar to the 2.5mm JST PA, but there are at least a couple differences visible. Note how the 2mm version of the genuine JST header doesn't have slots in the top, while the header in your picture does. Nor do either of the genuine connectors have a groove on the bottom of the header, while yours does. This being the case, I'd guess that what you have is a clone of a PA, but it might be close enough to be physically compatible with a genuine JST PA. (Of course, it's also possible that JST just changed their molds at some point.)

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2024, 09:04:29 pm »
Comparing to the examples here, yours looks quite similar to the 2.5mm JST PA, but there are at least a couple differences visible. Note how the 2mm version of the genuine JST header doesn't have slots in the top, while the header in your picture does. Nor do either of the genuine connectors have a groove on the bottom of the header, while yours does. This being the case, I'd guess that what you have is a clone of a PA, but it might be close enough to be physically compatible with a genuine JST PA. (Of course, it's also possible that JST just changed their molds at some point.)
JST PA is 2.0mm.
You’re probably thinking of XA, which is 2.5mm.

It really looks like the clone HY. The link I posted above also has their own PA clone linked at the bottom, making it easy to compare them.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 09:06:53 pm by tooki »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf