Author Topic: pcb transparent film printing  (Read 17105 times)

Offline 5282Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: pcb transparent film printing
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2015, 10:35:11 am »
if i use canon inkjet  I must  print two or three transparencies and overlay them to make black enough :'(?

Offline janoc

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2015, 10:59:16 am »
Use a colour printer, in colour black is made up of all 4 colours so much more toner is deposited possibly, at least that is how it works in offset printing, if i had to print solid black with just black I would have to put it through the press 2-4 times to get deep black. If i was doing a colour print process the black would be made up of a percentage of all 4 colours. I don't know if laser does this too.

When printing in black & white, typically only the black cartridge is used, not all four. The black is there exactly for that reason - mixing cyan, magenta and yellow does not typically produce good black, so the black is added extra. Also some printers have the black cart larger, because most document printing is done in B&W anyway.

Offset printing is a different technology, while the color model is the same CMYK, they are not directly comparable.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2015, 11:13:59 am »
Again, if you're buying an inkjet specifically for this purpose, then make sure the black ink is a pigment ink, not a dye ink. Pigment black is much, much denser than dye black and will produce a much blacker print.

And once you have it, print in the highest resolution mode available. This will lay down a bit more ink, and do so a bit more evenly, than faster modes.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2015, 12:00:28 pm »
Again, if you're buying an inkjet specifically for this purpose, then make sure the black ink is a pigment ink, not a dye ink. Pigment black is much, much denser than dye black and will produce a much blacker print.

And once you have it, print in the highest resolution mode available. This will lay down a bit more ink, and do so a bit more evenly, than faster modes.

canon have pigament for back ink. you mean i do not need to print  two twic  transparencies and overlay them to make black enough  :D
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 12:02:51 pm by 5282 »

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2015, 04:04:14 pm »
canon have pigament for back ink. you mean i do not need to print  two twic  transparencies and overlay them to make black enough  :D

yes or no ?

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2015, 07:18:58 pm »
I honestly don't know. Never used an inkjet for PCB etching. Honestly, make a print onto inkjet transparency film and see how it looks. If you shine bright light through a solid black area and it doesn't look like light is making it through, it's probably OK. (I remember dye-based inkjet black ink, which let plenty of light through black areas. Today's pigment inks are FAR denser.)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf