Author Topic: Cable ID  (Read 653 times)

Offline jeffjmrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Cable ID
« on: April 04, 2022, 11:35:07 pm »
I searched long and hard for the name of these connectors and through the lists of cables and connectors from parts houses. Came up empty.

Can someone please tell me what I might search for on Newark or Mouser for these in two or four conductors plus the female sockets?

Thanks,
Jeff

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
Re: Cable ID
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2022, 12:00:36 pm »
Do a visual search for "wire to board" connectors on google

The following users thanked this post: jeffjmr

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2022, 05:26:28 am »
It’d help if you actually took close up pictures of the connector (well lit, in focus) of all sides, and at minimum a ruler for scale, but better would be measurements with calipers.

Offline jeffjmrTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2022, 07:00:21 pm »
Thanks, tooki.

In this case, size does not matter. I just need two small cables to allow for a quick disconnect and this type of cable and connector coupled with the female end. Does not need to be board mounted. I just couldn’t seem to find anything on the supply house’s websites to come close to this type of cable and interconnect.

The wire to board is certainly the closest.

Jeff

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2022, 08:24:20 pm »
Oh, so just some smallish wire-to-board? There’s tons of things.

JST XH (2.5mm pitch) and clones is one of my favorites, as is the Molex KK 254 (2.54mm pitch) and clones (e.g. KF2510). These are readily available from both “reputable” sources like Digi-Key, as well as from aliexpess and eBay, and they’re contacts that aren’t horribly picky when it comes to the crimping tool. (Molex sells a tool for about $120, which is super cheap for a genuine tool.)

For wire-to-wire, the clone makers (but not JST itself!) sell wire mount XH connectors, and I know JST has some other series of connectors that have both board- and wire-mount male connectors. A wire-to-wire-only connector I like from JST is the SM series, commonly used for LED strips.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2022, 08:26:45 pm by tooki »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf