Author Topic: Is KSGER and t12 soldering station clones still a good option in 2024?  (Read 880 times)

Offline 4fl0wTopic starter

Hi guys this is my first post so I don't know if I'm doing it right. So I've been looking into getting a soldering station. I already have a pinecil and it's really good. But I wanted something that was at my desk and ready to use. Something more permanent. My question is are the t12 clones bought today from AliExpress like for example quicko, quecoo and ksger still a good option in 2024 or is there something better for around the same price range.

Offline caulktel

I have owned my KSGER T-12 soldering station for years, I don't remember what it cost but it was cheap, bought on AE. I also bought a bunch of extra tips different sizes. After all this time being used everyday, (I build lots of Ham Radio Kits), it still works just like the day I received it in the mail 4-5 years ago. If it quit today I would go out and buy another just like it, it's been a totally reliable iron. YMMV.

Joel
N6ALT

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
The stations are ok, but the clone tips won't last very long when used often, and sometimes they fail short, burning the fet.
Not a big issue, put new fet and carry on.
If you're using it daily I suggest buying genuine T12/T15 tips.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline LooseJunkHater

• Frequent Contributor
Been using a Quicko station and tips for years without issue. One of my tips is becoming hollow inside and isn't working as well (likely related to me sometimes running the tip at 460C instead of the rated 380C) but otherwise issue-free.

Offline 4fl0wTopic starter

Thank you for the reply guys. My main concern was if the quality has changed since it seems a couple of you guys had yours for a while now.

Offline shapirus

• Super Contributor
Thank you for the reply guys. My main concern was if the quality has changed since it seems a couple of you guys had yours for a while now.
I guess that's to be seen in a few years, when those who bought it today will have enough experience :).

I've had zero issues with mine too (apart from having to connect PE to the metal enclosure), nor any of the chinese T12 tips went bad. I've been using it for a little over a year. Not every day, though, but not too seldom either.

Offline donlisms

• Frequent Contributor
I started with lots of clone tips (for cheap!) and some if them came defective, or fell apart with use, and all of them had different calibration.  The Ksegr can handle that, but it's quite painful and tedious.  In the end, I just couldn't quite get the performance I wanted from them.  Maybe some of the clone tips are better than the ones I got!  I hope so; many people seem happy.

I switched to a few well-chosen Hakko tips.  None of them have fallen apart, they share calibration, and they just work, nice and stable and reliable.

The cheap tips were a good way to start, I guess.  I learned what my favorites would be.  I started replacing with the genuine Hakko's one at a time. 

Offline BrokenYugo

• Super Contributor
The T12 station hardware in and of itself is pretty hard to screw up aside from goofy UI choices, just a microcontroller based thermostat, the quality of the DC supply and handle are mostly what you buy on.

Offline Vovk_Z

• Super Contributor
I guess the short answeris yes, it is still good. I find my T12 with original tips as good as professional ERSA 2000 (which I had too).

Offline stelioss

can you recommend  a model and seller? for quecoo or ksger T12  ( from alli )  ?  witch is better ?
and what handle to buy with it ?
how to know if they have original STM32 ?

thanks you

Offline Vovk_Z

• Super Contributor
Re: Is KSGER and t12 soldering station clones still a good option in 2024?
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2024, 05:01:10 pm »
I can't recommend any unfortunately. I've bought mine from local supplier and it is from a 'local' brand (a case and power supply designed in Ukraine).Works fine, I have about 6 different tips for it.

Offline stelioss

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2024, 06:22:32 pm »
the one is this STM32 T12-958 Soldering Station Electronic Soldering iron 1.3inch Digital station solder 907 handle iron tip welding tool quecoo
43 euro
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002724734568.html

and the other one

is from ksger

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000608296529.html
 57 euro

2-3 days i was see reviews about T245 but more expensive and the tips.  The t12 is cheaper and i say to buy the t12 that support custom  firmware

@DavidAlfa what your opinion ?

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2024, 07:14:37 pm »
Así the seller for pictures if the controller board, then we'll see.
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf