Author Topic: issue when printing a pdf  (Read 925 times)

Offline p.larnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
issue when printing a pdf
« on: March 12, 2024, 12:17:59 am »
I have a hp cp-1515n colour laserjet printer,its ok untill i try and print a pdf,When printing say txt i get a thin shaddow in red,its like looking at it crosseyed,its fine using word or paint etc but pdf printing give this shadow/feint second image,any ideas?.

Offline theodoremoreau

• !
Re: issue when printing a pdf
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2024, 07:49:16 am »
 Hi, there. The appearance of a thin shadow or faint second image, especially in red, could be due to various reasons. You could try to update printer drivers, if not check PDF settings or try print the PDF as an image. You can also check toner levels and printer condition or calibrate the printer. By this you should be able to resolve the issue with printing PDFs on your HP CP-1515n Color LaserJet printer. Hope it helps  ;D

Edit by gnif: Post even came from a OVH VPS, certainly a bot. Banned
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 08:04:46 am by gnif »

Offline gbaddeley

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2024, 09:24:33 am »
Try printing a test page. It’s most likely a printer problem.
Glenn

Online shapirus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2024, 09:51:05 am »
Hi, there. The appearance of a thin shadow or faint second image, especially in red, could be due to various reasons. You could try to update printer drivers, if not check PDF settings or try print the PDF as an image. You can also check toner levels and printer condition or calibrate the printer. By this you should be able to resolve the issue with printing PDFs on your HP CP-1515n Color LaserJet printer. Hope it helps  ;D
Tell me it's not a ChatGPT generated text.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline 807

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2024, 11:49:25 am »
I have a hp cp-1515n colour laserjet printer,its ok untill i try and print a pdf,When printing say txt i get a thin shaddow in red,its like looking at it crosseyed,its fine using word or paint etc but pdf printing give this shadow/feint second image,any ideas?.

What app are you using to print the PDF? Have you tried using a different one?

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2024, 04:58:09 pm »
Tell me it's not a ChatGPT generated text.

LOL, I thought the exact same thing as I was reading it.

Offline JustMeHere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2024, 07:08:35 pm »
This is usually due to a poorly encoded PDF.   Unless it's happening with all PDFs.
Try another PDF like an IRS tax document.

Try printing it from Adobe Reader.
Go through your printer settings and make sure everything is on default.  (I've seen a greyscale setting cause things it shouldn't cause to happen.)

You can go "cheap" if you need to.  Print the PDF as an image.   

Check to see if you're using PostScript (PS) or Printer Control Language (PCL) drivers.  PS can be a bit finnicky, but I've had to use them when PCL didn't work.  PCL is usually more stable.

Offline bw2341

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2024, 03:12:38 am »
Laser printers can get misaligned among the different colours. Check the menu on the printer or in the web interface for an alignment function.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printers-Archive-Read-Only/Color-LaserJet-CP1515n-colour-print-misalignment-between/td-p/1623177

Here is a thread on the HP community forum about your printer. It seem that they can get severely misaligned with time. Some people had success by cleaning debris out of the toner cartridge tray or switching paper type settings.

As for only happening on pdf files, your PDF viewer may be using colour management which would add some colour toner to your black and white documents. When that happens, the colour misalignment will be visible. If the print dialog has a black and white setting, see if that eliminates the colour fringe.

Ultimately, the alignment will have to be fixed to restore high quality colour printing.

Offline donlisms

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2024, 03:56:23 pm »
I wondered if printing a photograph directly, and then inserting the same image in a PDF document and printing that, would look the same.  Maybe as a way to distinguish between software and hardware issues.

To me, from what's been said, this feels like software. 

Online themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2024, 04:06:48 pm »
Are you using genuine hp  consumables in the thing? Given there record on protecting there revenue stream
the end user from a potential risk of malware it could be a  security feature.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2024, 06:06:41 pm »
Most color laser printers do add color to black prints. Which sucks, as it will deplete your color toner even when only printing black. This might be what you are seeing here. Misalignment is not possible, IMHO. Driver issue however IS possible.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2024, 02:38:27 pm »
Misalignment is absolutely possible. (In printing terminology, the alignment of the colors is called “registration”, by the way.)  That’s why color laser printers actually have internal sensors to perform calibration with, which they do periodically, but can also be manually initiated if needed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf