Author Topic: JBC T245 vs T210 pinout  (Read 1909 times)

Offline SurprisingRiceTopic starter

JBC T245 vs T210 pinout
« on: November 21, 2021, 07:09:24 pm »
Hi,
I recently bought this item. https://www.unionrepair.com/tec-extension-module-with-holder-for-jbc-soldering-station.html

Its a extension unit for a standard JCB station. It allows the user to have two irons from one station. In my case, I have a T245 tip as my main iron, and i wanted a T210 iron as my secondary. I did not read the little "NOTICE" before i bought the unit and realised too late that I cannot use a T245 tip with a T210 tip in this TEC Extension unit.

When I do, the T210 tip works fine. but the T245 tip doesn't heat up, when the station says its 345 degrees, aswell as randomly saying there's a ground fuse error.

So I got to thinking, the only difference between both tips is that pin 6 (the center pin) on the T245 iron doesn't exist, but on the T210 iron it does exist. Could I just plug that pin 6 up and insulate it?
https://imgur.com/a/AOSC6J5

To those of you who made their own JBC iron controllers, could you comment on what I could do here regarding connector modification, or TEC extension module modification?

Thanks,
Greg

Offline SurprisingRiceTopic starter

Re: JBC T245 vs T210 pinout
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 03:18:40 pm »
I figured it out. pin 6 indicates to the station that the tool needs 12v not 24.

I will insulate pin 6, and use a buck converter to turn 24v into 12v from the TEC Extension for the t210 handle.

Offline Markll

Re: JBC T245 vs T210 pinout
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 08:22:50 pm »
Hi,

same problem to solve over here. I also haven't read the "notice"...
Does it work with the buck converter?

Kind regards,

Markus

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf