Author Topic: Keithley 619  (Read 409 times)

Offline IgnatzTopic starter

Keithley 619
« on: May 09, 2022, 07:40:53 pm »
I recently bought a Keithley 619 electrometer with the 6194 A and B modules and also got 2 new 6011 triax input cables. I can't get the 619 to respond to any volts or ohms readings, so I checked the power supply.
The 5, 15 and -15 supplies look great, but the one part of the transformer is to supply 33 volts AC to the two 6194 electrometer modules because they each have a transformer on them. I'm only getting 19 volts AC coming out of the main transformer, so I think this is where my problem is.
I tried switching the two AC inputs back and forth, but no help. Those switches read 0, 100.4 and 119.6 AC volts.
Also I have the power supply board out of the unit while taking these measurements.
Not sure if repairing this transformer is possible or if I could somehow add another transformer to get my 33 volts AC.
Thanks, Rob

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
Re: Keithley 619
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2022, 07:55:54 pm »
It would be rare that a broken transformer gives out to low a voltage on one winding only.  Chances are there is somehow to much a load on the winding in question and thus too much current flowing from the 33 V.

Offline IgnatzTopic starter

Re: Keithley 619
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2022, 09:33:10 pm »
Thanks, I have the board out of the 619 and not connected to the unit. I also have the two orange wires for the 33 volts AC de-soldered from the board. I'll keep de-soldering transformer wires and see if the 33 volts AC comes back.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf