Author Topic: Length tuning in Autodesk Eagle  (Read 1161 times)

Offline subzeroTopic starter

Length tuning in Autodesk Eagle
« on: November 15, 2017, 08:31:03 am »
Hi all,

I'm attempting to do length tuning in Autodesk Eagle, but it is giving me some degree of grief.  Firstly, I'm trying to find the length of the longest net in the group with the Info icon.  This only seems to let me get the length of a single segment of the Net, instead of the whole net, which makes it painful, but not impossible to get the full length (by adding up the length of all the segments).  Secondly, the Meander tool only seems to work on a segment of the full Net.

Any tips / ideas to make this experience less painful?

Thanks!

Re: Length tuning in Autodesk Eagle
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 08:35:46 am »
So there's a script "run length-freq-ri" which gets the length of all nets... this solves the length problem.  Just the Meander problem now.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2017, 06:58:50 pm »
I'm surprised anyone is still using Eagle after that stunt they pulled switching to subscription only mere weeks after publicly stating they had no plans to do so.

The following users thanked this post: daqq

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:49:39 am »
Yeah, Eagle is pretty garbage.  I've thrown the towel in on it, and started trying out Kicad instead - seems to have all the features that I need to start with (push-shove routing, differential trace routing, length tuning...)

I will see how Kicad goes... better option than Altium (price-wise) to start off with.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 07:43:20 pm »
IMHO KiCAD is the future of the hobbyist and semi-pro EDA scene. I don't see it displacing the big pro tools like Altium any time soon but who knows, it may get there eventually.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf