Author Topic: LM324 IR detector circuit  (Read 1706 times)

Offline cosminnciTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
LM324 IR detector circuit
« on: May 03, 2016, 05:53:11 am »

Hello,

In my project I need to create 2 ir beams that are fed into a uc digital input and analyzed. So far I found a gate automation module and recreated the schematic in the idea to duplicate for the other channel as well, but somehow there is timing difference between the 2.
My knowledge in op amps is not very good, from the schematic I deduced it has a band-pass filter and amplifier level, a comparator level and an logic inverter level, but not sure if they are applied properly in my design.
The input of the circuit is from a fototransistor or photodiode I presume the first, the type is unknown.
I already made a few revisions, but it`s like the 2 identical circuits do not behave the same way, like the treshold values varies and the uc receives incorect order of feeds and messes the logic.
is my approach incorrect by using 2 identical circuits or should be used 1 with identical reference?
also I noticed that the dividers are very sensitive to voltage changes so I should also have a ldo regulator also included.

regards,
Cosmin

Offline oldway

• Super Contributor
  • !
Re: LM324 IR detector circuit
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2016, 01:27:14 pm »
Easier to read

Offline Audioguru

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 01:42:04 am »
The lousy old  LM324 works poorly above only 2kHz. Modern audio opamps like the OPA4134 work perfectly to above 200kHz. 

Offline cosminnciTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2016, 05:52:18 am »

The ir modulation is regular pwm somewhere from 500Hz to 1,2Khz this is the sensitivity range I found.
it should be safe from high freq remote control ir.
I tried to understand the stages
ic2c and ic2d should be the bandpass filter with amplification
ic2b should be the comparator and ic2a only an signal inverter.

the 2 rectifier diodes and the caps should filter the pwm input and allow the comparator to have a steady high or low.

am I correct about the above?

regards,
Cosmin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf