Author Topic: Load a trace of a rigol scope (D2072A) and view it on a pc  (Read 1146 times)

Offline npelovTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
Load a trace of a rigol scope (D2072A) and view it on a pc
« on: July 25, 2023, 07:13:43 pm »
Hi,
I want to record few traces (*.trc file) and view them on a pc. Does someone know a software to dispaly traces from a rigol scope? I'm decoding AirCon remote control and I need my pc which is far from the scope.

The inside part of the air con is Mitsubishi Electric MSZ-FH25VE2, Remote controller is SG13A . If someone can give me the protocol - even better. I found this but I don't know how to read it:
https://www.hobby-hour.com/ac/remote-codes/mitsubishi-ac-codes. It probably only makes sense for a universal remote.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 06:47:13 pm by npelov »

Offline Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
Re: Load a trace of a rigol scope (D2072A) and view it on a pc
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 05:57:33 am »
Can't you save them as csv? 

Online JustMeHere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2023, 06:28:55 am »
Rigol has their own software: https://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/attachment/1579/f-0695/1/-/-/-/-/DS1000Z%20DS2000%20DS4000%20DS6000%20UltraScope%20Getting%20Started%20Guide.pdf

If that doesn't work for you, use the USB drive interface to save traces.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2023, 06:24:28 pm »
I was about to reply as I'm replying to ChatGPT :)... AI makes bad habits.

Can't you save them as csv? 
I don't think so. But if I can, can you suggest a nice software for viewing CSV graphs (with zoom and pan, measurement ... etc)? I'm looking for that one for a while too.

Rigol has their own software: https://beyondmeasure.rigoltech.com/acton/attachment/1579/f-0695/1/-/-/-/-/DS1000Z%20DS2000%20DS4000%20DS6000%20UltraScope%20Getting%20Started%20Guide.pdf

If that doesn't work for you, use the USB drive interface to save traces.

That requires link between the pc and the scope. Not impossible, but  bit inconvenient. I have to do it when there is no one home - I don't want someone to trip over the cable. Also I could move the scope and all required hardware on my small desk - again inconvenient. Of course that's not the first time I need something like this.

I'm asking because I think I saw years ago someone here made a software to do something with rigol scope data. I can't remember if it was just FFT or maybe something more.

Alternatively I could use arduino to measure the signal near my pc. But I can't find 38kHz receiver, so I'm using infra red led (not photodiode) - it barely gives any signal. So it's hard to make the signal good for arduino. I ordered for ebay, but I don't want to wait for a month. Locally I can find 40kHz receivers. Maybe if remote is close it'll still work. 40kHz is not that far from 38.

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2023, 07:02:35 pm »
According to the manual your scope can save data in csv format.
Under windows, flow csv editor can display csv files including zoom etc. See https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/flow-csv-editor/9NP4JT39W71D?hl=nl-nl&gl=nl&rtc=1

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2023, 08:34:04 am »
According to the manual your scope can save data in csv format.
Under windows, flow csv editor can display csv files including zoom etc. See https://apps.microsoft.com/store/detail/flow-csv-editor/9NP4JT39W71D?hl=nl-nl&gl=nl&rtc=1

Yes, it does. Thank you! Does anyone know how to download an app from MS Store for offline installation? If I pay for a software I don't want to rely on internet or any app store.

Offline Smokey

• Super Contributor
  • Not An Expert
« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 09:50:13 am by Smokey »

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2023, 08:54:12 pm »
It's a nice tool ... I'll consider buying it. It's a reasonable price. I guess he uses the store for licensing. Everything is in the clouds these days. Don't you hate it? I still have most of my windows 98 software and most of it works on windows 10 too.

Online JustMeHere

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2023, 10:32:00 pm »
You can run ethernet up to 100m or try a wifi bridge.

• Frequent Contributor
    • Microlab.info
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2023, 08:11:11 pm »
Well I played 1 hour with the software and I couldn't make it work. I go to the other room, record the signal, come to the pc and the stupid software doesn't show any trace. I don't think I've found so unintuitive software recently (or maybe I'm bad.)

The csv worked fine when figured out that I don't need 56Mpts which takes about 1-2 hours to save on relatively fast flash. Even 140k points takes minutes. It's good that 14k was enough.

Now the tidious time of decoding 18 bytes bit by bit from 20-30 graps. Thanks for the tips!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 08:13:40 pm by npelov »

Online RAPo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2023, 05:49:33 pm »
I do not have these experiences with the software.
Could you upload these files and share them?
I would love to have a look at them.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf