Author Topic: What is this part called?  (Read 2310 times)

Offline DudeGibbsTopic starter

• Contributor
What is this part called?
« on: March 20, 2017, 07:23:16 pm »
Please see attached image. What is the name of this part? Its flexable metal with rubber that has a washer at one end. Used for cable management. I would like to order more of these but dont know what they're called or how to find them.

Offline JRosario

• Contributor
Re: What is this part called?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2017, 08:15:09 pm »
I have this problem a lot.

There is no resource that I know about for the names of some of these smaller parts.

Along with an answer, if anyone could provide me a resource for this type of information, that would be greatly appreciated.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2017, 08:27:50 pm »
I find paper catalogs sometimes useful for this. You can quickly flick through the relevant section and look for a matching picture.

Offline tecman

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2017, 08:30:27 pm »
I am not sure it has a proper name.  If you need some, just get some solder lugs and solid copper wire  Solder the wire to the lug and cober with some insulating sleeving or heat shrink.

Paul

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 08:34:40 pm »
Please see attached image. What is the name of this part? Its flexable metal with rubber that has a washer at one end. Used for cable management. I would like to order more of these but dont know what they're called or how to find them.
"Cable clip bendable fastener" perhaps?
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/essentra-components/VCC-83540/RPC1454-ND/395796
I was just opening Digikey page and browsing through all their category "Cable support and fasteners"
BTW, I stopped searching at the 2nd page. There might be something else in the other 11 after.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 08:36:34 pm by bitwelder »

Offline Mickster

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 09:04:07 pm »

Offline grifftech

• Frequent Contributor
    • youtube channel
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2017, 08:58:09 pm »
I am not sure it has a proper name.  If you need some, just get some solder lugs and solid copper wire  Solder the wire to the lug and cober with some insulating sleeving or heat shrink.

Paul
Typo found

Offline Mickster

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 09:46:19 pm »

Paul
Typo found.
B is beside v on the keyboard, not that difficult to interpret what was intended.  ;)
P.S. Period missing.  ;D

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 09:59:53 pm »
I have that problem a lot with connectors, and yes, a paper catalog can be very helpful for that.

Offline lowimpedance

• Super Contributor
  • Watts in an ohm?
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2017, 11:18:06 pm »
I find paper catalogs sometimes useful for this. You can quickly flick through the relevant section and look for a matching picture.
This is the very reason I keep the old paper catalogues.
Since each supplier likes to call categories of parts by different names making it damn impossible to use the same search terms between them. For example I recently went  looking for "class X suppression capacitor" on RS  |O |O
 And this pain in the butt exercise pervades many areas of the on line searching.
So I will NOT be recycling my 'well worn' paper cat's any time soon.
The odd multimeter or 2 or 3 or 4...or........can't remember !.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf