Author Topic: Looking for some help with a basic circuit  (Read 258 times)

Offline 8BitCPUFanTopic starter

Looking for some help with a basic circuit
« on: March 17, 2024, 03:30:48 am »
Hi everyone. Sorry for the newbie question.

I want to build this circuit I found online, my hearing is not as good as it used to be and I'm not really concerned with audio quality since I am using cheap earbuds anyway. My laptop has a weak output and I have the parts around to make it.

I don't know where to attach the power, though.  The schematic indicates where ground should be, but not where VCC should be.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for some help with a basic circuit
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 03:54:42 am »
The NE5532 IC has separate pins for power (V+ and V−). You will need a bipolar supply, e.g. two 9 V batteries in series. Check the data sheet for the particular IC you have, to identify which pins are which. For example:

https://www.ti.com/document-viewer/ne5532/datasheet

Online soldar

• Super Contributor
Re: Looking for some help with a basic circuit
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 06:34:46 am »
How portable do you need it to be? You can buy a small amplifier board and power it with a wall wart or even with the laptop's USB and it will be simpler than building your own.

Also, the desktop speakers I have right here, connected to my laptop, have an earphone socket as many do. You could buy similar speakers and use them both as loudspeakers and as earphone amplifier. Much simpler than building your own.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf