Author Topic: Low power, high rpm BLDC with hall sensor  (Read 843 times)

Offline AdhithTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Low power, high rpm BLDC with hall sensor
« on: April 08, 2021, 06:43:27 am »
Hello guys,
I'm working on a medical respirator project, where I'm planning to use a high rpm BLDC motor (around 700000-100000 rpm) to spin an impeller to force the air through some duct system. Being portable, the motor should have a lower power consumption (below 20W if possible) for a longer run time from the battery pack. The commercial respirators uses hall sensor based motors for better performance. We are also looking into such a motor if possible. Could anyone help me out?

Offline mikerj

• Super Contributor
Re: Low power, high rpm BLDC with hall sensor
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 06:52:24 am »
Power requirements will be primarily driven by the airflow and pressure you need to achieve rather than the type of motor.

The following users thanked this post: Adhith

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 07:15:08 am »
Power requirements will be primarily driven by the airflow and pressure you need to achieve rather than the type of motor.
Yeah, That's true. That was the ideal consumption rate in my mind. could we skip that for now and see few no of motors with the required rpm?. probably then sorting out the right one from it would be the better option. what say?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2021, 07:16:52 am by Adhith »

Offline mvs

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 08:20:28 am »
There are not many use cases for 100-700 Krpm motors. I doubt that you will find any off the shelf part with this specs.

Perhaps you can use some industrial or server grade fans. Look for Sanyo Denki or Delta Electronics, they are leading in this field.

24mBar static pressure, 40mm dual counter rotating fan assembly:
https://products.sanyodenki.com/en/sanace/dc/counter-rotating-fan/9CRJ0412P5J001/

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 10:54:41 am »
There are not many use cases for 100-700 Krpm motors. I doubt that you will find any off the shelf part with this specs.

Perhaps you can use some industrial or server grade fans. Look for Sanyo Denki or Delta Electronics, they are leading in this field.

24mBar static pressure, 40mm dual counter rotating fan assembly:
https://products.sanyodenki.com/en/sanace/dc/counter-rotating-fan/9CRJ0412P5J001/
Thank you for your suggestion. you are right, I have been searching for past one week for a suitable motor and still didn't got it. I saw the link but unfortunately is not the one we are looking for since we need the bare motor itself since, we are looking into developing this as a product.
do you know any other BLDC motor manufacturing?  I have checked 'maxon' but no hope

Offline mvs

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 11:24:11 am »
I have checked 'maxon' but no hope
Have you checked maxon ECX16 series? They have ceramic bearings and can go up to 120K rpm.

https://www.maxongroup.pt/maxon/view/product/motor/ecmotor/ECX/ECX16/ECXZ16M1KN46K1SC1D493A

PS Do not be confused with specs at nominal voltage, you can run them faster with higher voltage supply (at the expense of efficiency, max. power, etc).

Offline Benta

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 07:12:54 pm »
Do you really need 700 krpm or is it a typo?

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2021, 04:52:33 am »
Have you checked maxon ECX16 series? They have ceramic bearings and can go up to 120K rpm.

https://www.maxongroup.pt/maxon/view/product/motor/ecmotor/ECX/ECX16/ECXZ16M1KN46K1SC1D493A

PS Do not be confused with specs at nominal voltage, you can run them faster with higher voltage supply (at the expense of efficiency, max. power, etc).
yeah, seems like I got confused with the specs. Will once again look into the specs in depth and make a decision. Thank you!

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2021, 04:57:47 am »
Do you really need 700 krpm or is it a typo?
Nope, its not a typo. We are using the motor for rotating an impeller which circulates the air at the desires flow rates. However, the entire setup should be small & portable. This restricts us to use a smaller impeller and there by giving us the only option of raising the rpm to a much higher level to achieve the desired flow rate. So that why we are looking into such higher rpm.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 05:00:00 am by Adhith »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf