Author Topic: martek power ps2328 48volt server power supply  (Read 426 times)

Offline BaldbentleyTopic starter

martek power ps2328 48volt server power supply
« on: October 24, 2023, 09:09:20 pm »
I have a martek power ps2328 server power supply. It is a 48v power supply. I was able to get the power supply to work but it is outputting 54 volts. I have the pinout attached in the picture below. Is there a voltage sensing pin that will regulate the output voltage to 48v? Is there a simple way to regulate the voltage to 48v. I am trying to power a charger that will except a maximum of 50v.
Thanks for the help

Online donlisms

• Frequent Contributor
Re: martek power ps2328 48volt server power supply
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 02:05:28 am »
It's difficult to say.  The datasheet is not exactly complete and unambiguous.  There are some possible indications that at 42 amps, the voltage is 48.2 volts, but at 0 amps, the voltage is 54 volts.  That would explain what you're seeing.  But the datasheet is... not clear.  (Which in itself is a bad sign, since the only purpose for a datasheet is to be clear about how the thing behaves.)

It would be nice to know what voltage it puts out at some other load, being careful to manage the 2000 watts of power the specs suggest. It's hard to imagine that much power being needed for a charger of any kind, but... hey, what do I know?

To me, at least with the experiences of my own life, I might call it "the wrong power supply."  That's because it's probably too big and too powerful and too, well, dangerous, to fit into any projects I could imagine doing.  I don't know what you're up to!

Offline BaldbentleyTopic starter

Re: martek power ps2328 48volt server power supply
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2023, 04:19:33 am »
It seems strange that being a server power supply it would vary the voltage that much weather under load or not. The charger is a 2 channel charger for large batteries capable of 1400w on a single channel or 2000w both channels combined. I am hesitant to plug in the charger to the power supply since it is rated to 50v input. It could be an expensive test. You may be right, the data sheet I uploaded isn't very clear but shows 0.5 amps under the 54 volt column and 42 amps under the 48.2 volt column so maybe if the amp draw exceeds 0.5 amps it will drop the voltage to 48.2 volts. Do you have any recommendations of a good way to test this? I don't have much of anything to load test with that takes 54 volts.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf