Electronics > Beginners

minimum PS voltage and current for general use

(1/2) > >>

SnakeBite:
Hello,

i want to buy a bench PS soon, but i don't know what is the minimum recommanded voltage and current that i sould buy.

i almost sure i need more that 12v because a lot of electronics components works with this voltage.

i thought about a TDK-lamda LQ-531  with 20v and 8.6A what to do think? is it enough?

thanks
Ido

arcom:
That depends on your definition of "general use". Someone who works with opamps on a daily basis requires a dual 0-15V PSU whereas someone who works mostly with digital logic requires stable 3,3/5V PSU.

0-25V @ 2A should cover 99% of power requirements for most hobby work.
To be on a safe side, dual 0-25/30V @ 3A is most popular choice if you can afford it.

SnakeBite:
which one of the lambda series will be best for me:

i can't decide between the LQ-531(20V @ 8.6A) and the LQ-532 (40V @5A)

http://www.teknetelectronics.com/DataSheet/Lambda/Lambd_LQSeries23956.pdf

CAN YOU HELP ME?

saturation:
Hi

You asked this question on another thread before I recall.  Lambda is a top notch, and expensive PSU.  These are great for professional work when you really have these going everyday; then you also compete with the likes of Agilent's PSU.

For hobbyist use they are overkill.

Generally, up to 25-30V at 3A is fine, these are the upper end for used on analog designs with op amps, and for most needs, you need a dual.  So you need either a single dual supply or two 30V supplies you can use together when you need it.

I prefer 2 separate, so if one blows, you still have the other working.

--- Quote from: SnakeBite on November 28, 2010, 08:47:25 am ---Hello,

i want to buy a bench PS soon, but i don't know what is the minimum recommanded voltage and current that i sould buy.

i almost sure i need more that 12v because a lot of electronics components works with this voltage.

i thought about a TDK-lamda LQ-531  with 20v and 8.6A what to do think? is it enough?

thanks
Ido

--- End quote ---

SnakeBite:
I know it's OVERKILL that why i want it!  i'm a professional on bringing the top marker product at very affordable prices. look at my other posts...
for example : i got FLUKE 87V in 180 $ with shipping included to Israel, instead of 350$ + shipping. i also got the PACE MBT 250 in 130$ shipping included instead of 1200$ + shipping.
and so on....

got the point  ;D
Ido

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version