Author Topic: must be taking the "P"  (Read 550 times)

Offline p.larnerTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
must be taking the "P"
« on: March 20, 2024, 04:41:22 pm »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
Re: must be taking the "P"
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2024, 09:09:31 pm »
I wouldn't know. Some old test equipment can be valuable, even for parts, as it's the only way to get spares.

This reminds me. I need to get around to flogging my old analogue oscilloscopes I no longer use.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 12:00:36 am »
are these valueable or is the seller having a laugh? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/386673728906?itmmeta=01HSEBMY9EW2FN0H1FQGV9EAZ9&hash=item5a078cdd8a:g:txgAAOSwFJ5lq1b6

At 499 quid?----"Tell 'im he's dreaming!"

Some years back, I nearly bought the  next model up with the delayed timebase at a Hamfest for less than $100 Oz.
It was a nice little 'scope, but only 35 MHz-----that said, I recently bought a BWD 845 for $A200, which is also only 35MHz, but in my defence, is something of a "collector's item".

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 12:46:36 am »
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline Terry Bites

• Super Contributor
  • Recovering Electrical Engineer
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 07:59:13 am »
Yeh, overpriced all rigth.
Still ebay is the place to try it on.

Cossor made a dual beam kit scope. I lost mine years (decades) ago- still waiting to see one of those up for grabs.

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2024, 08:04:14 pm »
If the seller bothered to take all those photos why didn't they at least attempt to get a shot powered up with a trace on the C.R.T.? When I see "For parts or not working" or the ever famous "We don't know how to test it, sold as is" generally means "We turned it on and smoke rolled out" or "Some dweeb with a diddle stick turned every possible adjustment screw inside and it still doesn't work". That scope looks so much like a Telequipment scope with a different name on it. Don't you just love the vacuum tube fools with items like "Rare military radar tube 9003 $65.00 Buy it now"!!
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2024, 08:22:15 pm »
You must pay for the authentic 60 year dust and dirt, which the seller did his best to preserve for you.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf